Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Sheep Draft version 4.0

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    It is a far far better place ............ etc etc
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    yeah.. that AEIOU was a horrible question, Nuf.. Generally u gave us great questions that are not easily obvious but have just enough good players to keep people interested but the AEIOU is the worst u ve thrown out in these sheep drafts..
    ......... thought it was an excellent question myself

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    lol... I was all sleepy coz he posted the question at 8 AM Eastern Time here.. I thought it included the SC guys and hence a good question but then I saw it was defaulted to the non SC guys.. Pretty difficult coz this is one question where even our own picks are gonna be like sheeps..
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

International Vice-Captain BeeGee's Avatar
    Me too. I like the difficult questions. It's what makes this draft so good and why this is the first draft I've participated in. Teams that aren't packed to the rafters with ATGs are far more interesting, imo.

Pretty happy with the bloke I got. Diamond in the rough.
    Last edited by BeeGee; 28-05-2013 at 09:40 AM.

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    lol.. seems fairly standard.. those who got good ones think it is a good question, I did not and I think it was a rough question..

International Captain kingkallis's Avatar
    To be honest, tough questions makes the 'sheep' drafts interesting. So I guess it's a good question even if I failed to get my player twice.
    CricZo XI - Draft League

Season 1 M Hayden, G Gooch, R Dravid, W Hammond, K Pietersen, G Sobers, R Marsh (wk), R Benaud (c), D Steyn, W Hall, N Adcock

Season 2 J Hobbs, B Richards, D Boon, H Taylor, C Lloyd (c), A Stewart (wk), T Goddard, A Davidson, H Tayfield, C Ambrose, H Griffith

Season 3 H Sutcliffe, M Hayden, I Chappell (c), G Pollock, A Faulkner, M Hussey, D Lindsay (wk), I Botham, A Kumble, M Marshall, D Lillee

International Vice-Captain Red Hill's Avatar
    re-sent

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    It is a far far better place ............ etc etc
    Sheep for

3. Jim Higgs
    Shahadat Hossain

4. HK Jayantilal
    Maharajah of Vizianagram

5. Ronnie Irani
    David O'Sullivan

Sheep for

3. Danny Morrison

4. Pubudu Dassanayake

5. Geoff Allott

New Zealand has a lot of sheep.
    Last edited by BeeGee; 28-05-2013 at 02:19 PM.

Maharajah of Vizianagram
    Gun selection. A first class average of 18 and he captained India on a tour to England. Bought and paid for.

It is also alleged that in the 1st Test against England, Vizzy offered Mushtaq Ali a gold watch to run out Vijay Merchant.

Worst test captain ever?

...was the President of BCCI from 1954–1957.
    Last edited by BeeGee; 28-05-2013 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    I'm interested (kind of) why you'd call those picks illogical, I definitely think you can play the percentages a bit but all it takes is someone to be thinking like you and you are screwed.

There are a couple of things that people have done so far which as far as I can tell, isn't playing the percentages, but who knows perhaps gut instinct is the way to go, especially with your first pick.
    The more I think about your statement the more profound and correct it seems. This is because it essentially means that the individuals on Cricketweb have become one collective mind which thinks the same, and consequently selects the same players. Such is the influence that we have over eachother without even knowing it.

How else could you explain the clashes in the 'Subcontential Question'? By rights it should be all done and dusted by now for the simple reason that there are numerous excellent players to choose from. The pool is relatively enormous.
    Last edited by watson; 28-05-2013 at 03:30 PM.
    Sunil Gavaskar – Len Hutton – Don Bradman – Garry Sobers – Viv Richards – Keith Miller – Imran Khan – Jock Cameron – Richie Benaud – Malcolm Marshall – Bill O’Reilly

Quote Originally Posted by watson View Post
    How else could you explain the clashes in the 'Subcontential Question'? By rights it should be all done and dusted by now for the simple reason that there are numerous excellent players to choose from. The pool is relatively enormous.
    Very small pool to choose from with that question. India and Pakistan are the only real contenders (as Bangladesh SL hadn't really done much til the cut off ) and even then the pool of good players is fairly small.

Everyone was bound to go for one of the four Indian spinners. I'm just disappointed I didn't go for Hazare first up. I was going to, but second guessed myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    Very small pool to choose from with that question. India and Pakistan are the only real contenders (as Bangladesh SL hadn't really done much til the cut off ) and even then the pool of good players is fairly small.

Everyone was bound to go for one of the four Indian spinners. I'm just disappointed I didn't go for Hazare first up. I was going to, but second guessed myself.
    I agree that of the 'Indian Quartet' is desirable, but I count about 14-15 spinners from the Subcontinent that would sit comfortably in my team. Also, there are about 30-35 batsman that I would be quite happy to have in my line-up. And so forth.

All-in-all I would guess that the 'Subcontinental' pool of acceptable players is about 4-5 times larger than the 'AEIOU' pool.

But that's just my opinion.

BTW I'll try not to clash with your picks again. Seems to be a bad habit.
    Last edited by watson; 28-05-2013 at 05:42 PM.

Thanks for giving out sheep guys. With the AEIOU question, personally think that was a fair few middle of the road, to decent players who demanded selection which no one has mentioned so far, so I'm pretty comfortable with the question. If I had to change something, I would have made it question 3 and had the not out the fifth question, but making the questions challenging is good IMO.

We are just waiting on harsh again..
    NRL Tipping Champion 2014

Over 0.2: Putland to Nevill, OUT, no run, full ball swings in late to crash into his pads. Nevill is almost falling over trying to get bat on it but can't. Huge shout for LBW and Umpire Martell eventually raises the finger! P.Nevill - lbw b:Putland 0 (1 ball, 1 minute).

Loving it Nufan. Good work.

International Captain kingkallis's Avatar
    Harsh #%%*$€><%€ty355

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread Information