• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Big Bash League 2013/14

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sydney Thunder ‏@ThunderBBL 1m
Don't forget, you can meet a number of the signed @ThunderBBL players along with Great Aus cricketer tomorrow @westfieldparra from 3:30pm

Poor Mike Hussey.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Johan Botha (c), Jono Dean, Callum Ferguson, Alex Hales, Jon Holland, Phillip Hughes, Matt Johnston, Michael Klinger, Trent Lawford, Tim Ludeman, Andrew McDonald, Michael Neser, Gary Putland, Nathan Reardon, Kane Richardson, Shaun Tait, Adam Zampa. -

I don't mind the Strikers squad.

Hales Klinger Dean Ferguson Reardon McDonald Ludeman Botha Richardson Holland Tait looks like a decent sort of team.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Trent Lawford as a pick up in a decent story. Only started playing grade cricket in about November last year, he's about 6'4 and 115 kg, finished third in the Ryder Medal and kept on whacking heaps of runs and taking poles.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Seems kind of weird for the tournament's continuity having the last round match finish on Jan 27 and then having to wait until Feb 7 and 8 for the semis and further week for the Final on Feb 15.

I worked out the reason though:
Wednesday January 29 Australia v England, 1st T20, Bellerive Oval
Friday January 31 Australia v England, 2nd T20, MCG
Sunday February 2 Australia v England, 3rd T20, Stadium Australia

Just not sure why the semis couldn't be mid week, say Wednesday and Thursday with the final on Saturday so we have more time for Shield and preparation before heading to SA.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Trent Lawford as a pick up in a decent story. Only started playing grade cricket in about November last year, he's about 6'4 and 115 kg, finished third in the Ryder Medal and kept on whacking heaps of runs and taking poles.
That's crazy. good on him for getting a contract.

Spikey

Just not sure why the semis couldn't be mid week, say Wednesday and Thursday with the final on Saturday so we have more time for Shield and preparation before heading to SA.
FTA wants it to be played on a weekend presumably. Given the domestic season, up until to that point, is likely to be jam packed and players will be in need of rest, i don't think it's a big deal that one shield round might not take place before SA. Another warm up tour game probably has to be scheduled though

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
FTA wants it to be played on a weekend presumably. Given the domestic season, up until to that point, is likely to be jam packed and players will be in need of rest, i don't think it's a big deal that one shield round might not take place before SA. Another warm up tour game probably has to be scheduled though
Yeah 'ratings' will probably be higher this way. Personally, I'm just not really a fan of waiting a full week for one T20 match - I would prefer even a best of 3 Grand Final series.

I'm looking forward to retaining my tipping title again.

Spikey

The Sixers will unveil Nathan Lyon, Marcus North, Trent Copeland, Sean Abbott and Jordan Silk as their new signings on Thursday for the 2013-14 season, while Josh Hazlewood, Mitchell Starc, Dan Smith and England's Michael Lumb have all re-signed with the franchise.

well...that's an interesting set of names

ajdude

International Coach
Yeah 'ratings' will probably be higher this way. Personally, I'm just not really a fan of waiting a full week for one T20 match - I would prefer even a best of 3 Grand Final series.

I'm looking forward to retaining my tipping title again.
wait i thought you were the breastfeeding champion of the world