Cricket Player Manager
Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 125260616263 LastLast

Thread: **Official** Indian Premier League 2013

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani View Post
    Nah, the bigger joke is there actually IS a Fairplay Trophy in the IPL.. Look, I lost interest in IPL much earlier this year when I started hearing certain things and how spookily real those "predictions" were.. Now, it is easy enough to believe MI played extraordinarily well to win those trophy.. But the timing of this win, the fact that there have been noises about MI and the Ambanis not being happy with their lack of success and of course, Sachin Žnding with a "done it all" resume... It is just too difficult to think anything in the IPL has been fair..

Delhi police have been conducting a thorough investigation of player involvement without any bias towards a particular group.. Mumbai police have simply jumped in out of nowhere, been giving out "leaks" to the media and have openly targetted one franchise and one person with no real proof so far... Now Srini and his gang have been the worst among a bad lot that is the BCCI heads.. The brazen arrogance, the gag orders, the "controlling the message" style have been absolutely stupefyingly low even by the BCCI standards.. But how in the hell is it a good thing to have one group of corrupt ****s replace another? This has happened 5 or 6 times with the BCCI and I just do not think it is serving anyone any good.. First, let the Mumbai police prove "something" and then we will see what action will be taken.. To me, as a team, CSK have been the best in the IPL by a longshot.. And as bad as the owners have been, I have no reason to believe the Ambanis and the SRKs are any better.. Everyone is/has been corrupt and arrogant at their own spheres.. It is just that Srini also happens to be controlling the BCCI and is a lot more visible to the cricket fans..

And God, is there some jealousy about CSK's success... If CSK's success was fixed, doesn't it mean every other team is just as corrupt?
    Says he lost interest in the IPL

Proceeds to make a fanboy post defending his favourite team

Nah, the bigger joke is there actually IS a Fairplay Trophy in the IPL.. Look, I lost interest in IPL much earlier this year when I started hearing certain things and how spookily real those "predictions" were.. Now, it is easy enough to believe MI played extraordinarily well to win those trophy.. But the timing of this win, the fact that there have been noises about MI and the Ambanis not being happy with their lack of success and of course, Sachin Žnding with a "done it all" resume... It is just too difficult to think anything in the IPL has been fair..

Delhi police have been conducting a thorough investigation of player involvement without any bias towards a particular group.. Mumbai police have simply jumped in out of nowhere, been giving out "leaks" to the media and have openly targetted one franchise and one person with no real proof so far... Now Srini and his gang have been the worst among a bad lot that is the BCCI heads.. The brazen arrogance, the gag orders, the "controlling the message" style have been absolutely stupefyingly low even by the BCCI standards.. But how in the hell is it a good thing to have one group of corrupt ****s replace another? This has happened 5 or 6 times with the BCCI and I just do not think it is serving anyone any good.. First, let the Mumbai police prove "something" and then we will see what action will be taken.. To me, as a team, CSK have been the best in the IPL by a longshot.. And as bad as the owners have been, I have no reason to believe the Ambanis and the SRKs are any better.. Everyone is/has been corrupt and arrogant at their own spheres.. It is just that Srini also happens to be controlling the BCCI and is a lot more visible to the cricket fans..

And God, is there some jealousy about CSK's success... If CSK's success was fixed, doesn't it mean every other team is just as corrupt?
    Just so happens to control the BCCI.

That's kind of a big deal in cricket, hb.
    "Your averages, captain, coaches and players can probably survive incompetence over a relatively short series, so if youíre going to be rubbish, make sure itís against Pakistan, Sri Lanka, New Zealand or someone."

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Just so happens to control the BCCI.

That's kind of a big deal in cricket, hb.
    lol.. tats kinda wat I meant by my next phrase in that post, Howe..

What I mean to tell is that these guys are just as bad as each other.. You know about Srini coz he was the boss of BCCI till now.. you will know about the others if they get into running the board as well.. I am just stating we really do not have better choices.. So it is kinda high horse to be claiming that this will lead to any sorta clean up.. It is juz a certain group's vendatta against another.. Lets not confuse that with cheating, cleaning up the game etc. etc. And it is kinda funny why people suddenly think it takes only one team to cheat.. CSK have been more successful than anyone else.. if they were involved in fixing, it almost automatically means so were most of the other sides..

Look, CSK ownership is bad.. Srini has been the worst admin of the BCCI and that takes SOME doing.. I will be happy if the ownership passed on to more professional and better hands.. But the cricketing team of CSK (the players and the support staff) have been as good a bunch as any.. They have played well, played without showing meaningless aggression, been successful and have shown the values of building a team and a team culture.. And until there is even an iota of evidence to show ANY of these games were fixed (and there has been nothing so far), I don't see why I should suspect 8 or 9 teams and 100s of matches..
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Says he lost interest in the IPL

Proceeds to make a fanboy post defending his favourite team
    yeah.. did you even see how many other posts I have had in this thread?

Can't argue the point.. Brings up a lame ass accusation with no proof whatsoever..

And pray, where exactly am I defending the CSK ownership? I am just stating why the entire thing is pointless.. If all of these allegations were true, all that is gonna happen is a different group is gonna control the BCCI, run it the same way and not pursue even one more day of investigation in this issue as their purpose would have been attained.. If you think anything else is gonna happen, you got a lot less sense than I thought..

State Vice-Captain
    God, it feels good to see Bombay winning silverware again. **** team, **** ppl sure, but the name Bombay with cups lofted high...aah, heaven

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnodouche View Post
    God, it feels good to see Bombay winning silverware again. **** team, **** ppl sure, but the name Bombay with cups lofted high...aah, heaven
    Thankfully, a post without spot-fixing after a long time..

State Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by CricAddict View Post
    Thankfully, a post without spot-fixing after a long time..
    just trying to burn honestbharani and whoever else cares to be envious of Bombay's OVERWHELMING cricketing success over the years. these new age upstarts, pfft

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnodouche View Post
    just trying to burn honestbharani and whoever else cares to be envious of Bombay's OVERWHELMING cricketing success over the years. these new age upstarts, pfft
    lol.. well played douche

International Vice-Captain centurymaker's Avatar
    The Stands : The case for forced player rotation in the IPL | ESPN Cricinfo

What an IDEA!

Limit the number of games each player can play. It'd add a whole new dimension to the whole thing.

Somebody needs to propose this to the BCCI!!
    Proud Supporter of All Blacks

lol.. the idea of an auction every 3 years basically invites people to get into stuff like spot fixing, with the idea of team loyalty becoming a very difficult thing.. Loved Ed Smith's article in cricinfo about this..

Ed Smith: What the IPL can learn from Champions League football | Cricinfo Magazine | ESPN Cricinfo

Simon Champion!
    Both were in the same group, so it's pretty well known.

It is funny because back in the day, when Dalmiya was the target, these guys were allies.. Pawar, Manohar, Srini Mama and Modi.. Then Modi got too big for Pawar's comfort and was ousted.. Today, it is Srini's turn.. The bigger issue is that a guy like Pawar is now holding TOO much clout in BCCI as well as Indian politics.. So things today are being run to suit him.. That, in the long run, I feel will be even more harmful for Indian cricket than anything NS and his cronies are doing today..

Simon Champion!
    If Srini is ousted, Jaitley and Pawar will fight it out to be Prez.

Maybe Manohar and Shukla too.

Not too much will change, but at least the next president will be under more spotlight straightaway and not able to act so opaquely and arrogantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cevno View Post
    If Srini is ousted, Jaitley and Pawar will fight it out to be Prez.

Maybe Manohar and Shukla too.

Not too much will change, but at least the next president will be under more spotlight straightaway and not able to act so opaquely and arrogantly.
    That is what we thought when Modi was ousted.. But how wrong were we..

Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 125260616263 LastLast

Thread Information