• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia Off Season 2013 thread.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I just found out that channel 9 (or GEM) are definitely going to be showing the Ryobi Cup matches. I don't know for sure if they will show every game, but its looking good.

The draw has been worked out, I'm sure it will be released very soon. Like I said earlier in the month, Bankstown are hosting 7 matches, the first match there will be NSW vs Tasmania on Sep 29th. Tasmania play 4 times at Bankstown Oval, Vic 3, SA 3, NSW 2 and QLD and WA once.

Interesting. I guess it validates CA's decision to re-organise the OD cup in the way they have (not only doing it all in one window, but in the same state too). Seems obvious to say that if the C9 thing does work out, some of the Bankstown games will be shown. You'd think North Sydney would have some of their games shown too. Doubt they'd bother to set-up camp at Hurstville Oval though.

Any idea when C9 signed on?

Last edited:

brockley

International Captain
The Redbacks head to Brisbane this weekend for a series of practice matches ahead of the new domestic one-day competition which runs for three weeks in Sydney from October 4.
The Advertiser.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah SA play Vic Oct 4 at Bankstown.

Ch9 only officially informed some people who need to know about these things on Tuesday. No clue when 9's bid or whatever was accepted. Anyway, I plan to go tothe first match there and also a Friday Oct 9 game QLD v WA. I have exams Oct 6,7,8 so will be keen to watch cricket for sure.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
i note that todays bbl rookie thing took place at Bankstown Oval Talented young cricketers get extra chance to shine
Yessss, The new home of domestic cricket! I think the idea is a great one in theory. It gives the country kids something to aim for. I fully believe that there are country cricketers out there who are never going to play first class cricket but would be good additions to Big Bash franchises if given the exposure.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Dutch Brett Lee has just picked up 5/9 against Canada in an ODI. They're 13/6 so still four more wickets available if he wants them; a chance for the best ever ODI figures even?

Canada have been giving Holland a bit of a pasting on that tour before now as well; I do wonder how far away he is from getting a Tassie call-up this season.

Chook Herron

School Boy/Girl Captain
Dutch Brett Lee has just picked up 5/9 against Canada in an ODI. They're 13/6 so still four more wickets available if he wants them; a chance for the best ever ODI figures even?

Canada have been giving Holland a bit of a pasting on that tour before now as well; I do wonder how far away he is from getting a Tassie call-up this season.
Does that win give the Dutch a WC spot? I know the previous game was washed out, but not sure whether they needed to win both matches for the spot

Last edited:

brockley

International Captain
I rang channel 9 Nufan.Thats what they said.
Holland are in a position Afghanistan have to lose/draw 1 of their games against Kenya,and if Afghanistan lose then(match Aghanistan on run rate if they draw) Holland who would be favourite have to beat UAE on run rate if they win Their 2 games vs Namibia.Now Scotland would have to lose/draw 1 of their games against Ireland(draw down to run rate).Its tight as a baboon's ****.:laugh:

brockley

International Captain
Gem showing Ryobi Cup.
BTW Jake doran 153 in NSW academy vs qld academy,and NSW leg spinner fallins 4 wkts..

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I think Ch9 probably didn't feel obligated to tell you Brockley. It has already been decided that they are showing the Ryobi, its not being decided it 2 weeks - perhaps it will become public in 2 weeks but they know they are broadcasting the games already.