Cricket Player Manager
Page 25 of 64 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Australia Off Season 2013 thread.

lack of games at metricon dtstl
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

School Boy/Girl Captain Backlash's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brockley View Post
    Young Warriors bid for England - The West Australian
    2 WA juniors skip ship to England.
    You have got to wonder what Cricket Australia are planning to do about this, if anything.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    There's not much they can do. England has 18 teams. We have 6. If you can play as a local in the place with more spots, why wouldn't you? They could add the ACT to make it 7 teams, but that's about it. The only real thing they have to do is change the rules to allow Australian born players to play as an overseas player, which means that these youngsters could still play in the shield without putting their county career at stake if in the future they are good enough to play in the shield.

Teenagers Steve Eskinazi and Cameron Steel, both outstanding performers for WA in recent national under-age carnivals, are playing in England and hope to qualify for that country.

Both players are playing second XI with county teams as local players, though WACA talent manager Brett Jones said it was too early for them to make a final commitment.

"They have indicated that they want to play in England for the next two years," Jones said.
    I think that may be a bit dramatic. I would assume much like Robson there's no thoughts about international cricket at all. it's just about establishing a career as a professional cricketer
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    I think that may be a bit dramatic. I would assume much like Robson there's no thoughts about international cricket at all. it's just about establishing a career as a professional cricketer
    Yeah but much like Robson, if they're good enough to play for England then they'll end up doing so.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since Dec '09

Quote Originally Posted by John Singleton
    Recognition of Property Rights in material objects is the recognition of a manís right to exist; his right to pursue his own goals in his own manner at his own discretion with what is rightfully his to command. Just as the Right to Life is the right to the property of oneís own person, so the right to own material products is the right to sustain oneís life and to keep the results of oneís own efforts.

also Cameron Steel is actually listed as a pom on cricinfo and played for the Somerset U13's, so his case might be a bit different to the other kid and Robson

The Home of CricketArchive
    Cameron Steel | England Cricket | Cricket Players and Officials | ESPN Cricinfo
    Last edited by Spikey; 19-05-2013 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Yeah but much like Robson, if they're good enough to play for England then they'll end up doing so.
    Particularly if they can't play state cricket here without placing at risk their county career. it's a sucky spot for Australian cricket, but what can CA actually do? give well paying 4 year contracts to every U17 and U19 player?

also Cameron Steel is actually listed as a pom on cricinfo and played for the Somserset U13's, so his case might be a bit different to the other kid and Robson

He seems pretty Aussie to me.

Cameron Steel future star.flv - YouTube

EDIT: And yes I'm aware of the irony.

i will not be watching a sportsnewsfirst video

i do love that they can't be bothered changing the title of their video while uploading the video btw

i will not be watching a sportsnewsfirst video
    He actually talks in the video though, commenting on how he has the same birthday as Shane Warne and confirming he inspired him to take up leggies.

Shane Warne's inspired tons of people though

like Sreesanth?!

School Boy/Girl Captain Backlash's Avatar
    also Cameron Steel is actually listed as a pom on cricinfo and played for the Somerset U13's, so his case might be a bit different to the other kid and Robson

Hain is listed as an English player already too.

Steel has an Australian accent in that video. Was probably born and raised in Australia but went to play in England every winter too.

Cricket Australia have to do something. They could at minimum tell the ECB where to go for once.

Good to hear that the ladies team have had a pay rise. The top contract is now going to be $52,000 and player payments have increased from $100 per day to $250.
    NRL Tipping Champion 2014

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    Good to hear that the ladies team have had a pay rise. The top contract is now going to be $52,000 and player payments have increased from $100 per day to $250.
    About bloody time, too. The pay gap is ridiculous and not just at the top tier.

I once had a batting lesson late last year from an ex-NSW women's cricketer. She was an excellent teacher, too - had a net set up with cones/brand new balls and was very well versed in technique. I left that session feeling a much more confident batsman.

She charged $40 for an hour and a half. A male batting coach wouldn't think twice about charging $70 for a session half as long and would still have a fully booked schedule.
    Last edited by LongHopCassidy; 24-05-2013 at 02:21 AM.
    "The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

International Vice-Captain

Page 25 of 64 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread Information