• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official English County Cricket 2013**

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Chawla will probably be a decent signing. It's such a downgrade on Rehman though. Sucks.

Jos kept today apparently, that situation gets curiouser & curiouser.
I think it's pretty clear what the situation is. Somerest want him to stay, Jos wants to stay providing he can keep, but Somerset don't want to compromise their performances and think Craig is a better keeper. I guess they just think every time they let him keep is a move that brings a contract renewal closer. Hope they're right.

I agree with some of the stuff you say, but TBH he's clearly done it against some decent bowlers this year, and they haven't all been at Taunton, clearly.

God, all runs counting for nothing at Taunton, never gets old.
Yeah, his ton against South Africa last year proves he can actually do it against world class bowlers on his day. The Taunton argument is a silly one in this case anyway. How regularly do we see bowler friendly pitches in international limited overs cricket, particularly England and Australia, where England play their next 14 limited over games? It's probably more useful to be able to smash pies on a road than have a rock solid technique for a green top.

With that being said, he looked pretty average against Warwickshire and Surrey in the T20, so I don't really know what to think.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Also, is the Compton issue just money related, or is whether Somerset survive the drop a crucial, if not the main, factor? I've been getting conflicting reports from CW and Sky Sports Commentators.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Wainwright has to be the most nerdy, awkward looking cricketer going. Wouldn't call him an athlete.

91Jmay

International Coach
Although Pakistan may be making a bit of a meal of this, the pitch is a joke. Young guys, learning the game are playing on a pitch that just turned square in the 12th over.

Fisher looks a serious prospect though. 78 MPH at the age of 15, with the ability to bowl cutters already?

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Both opening bowlers looked decent as well. Shaw finding a good day to be on tv given his previous average form in the series.

Don't know how many spinners Pakistan have but you'd guess it's gonna be a nightmare facing them for our guys in the second innings. They'll probably have a couple of tasty pacers as well.