• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tendulkar vs Lara

Who is the better test batsman?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm basically making my decision based on stuff I watch on Rob's channel, this has nothing to do with Sachin's recent decline. Lara just has that extra touch of magic from what I've watched.
You should watch some of Tendulkar's ODI innings and you'll see how good a strokemaker he can be. I miss him in ODI's so so much since he barely plays that format now.

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
One 3 test series in '94 really ??
Yes it can't really count for much especially given that Indian bowling doesn't present any unique challenges. Indian attack is spin dominated at home, but Lara has proven himself against better spinners so his failure in one series in India should be only considered an anomaly.

doesitmatter

U19 Cricketer
for all the great strokes Tendulkar can play his back-foot defence at his peak was great to watch as well..video of just his back and across back foot defence would be a treat to watch...but retire you little ...

Last edited:

aaren

Cricket Spectator
Sachin Tendulkar is a great batsman. Can anyone doubt it? Whoever plays international cricket for 20 years has to be a special player. It's been a privilege playing against him.
Tendulkar has a better technique than Lara.