• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia 2012/2013

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
also from memory, when we picked cutting last summer, we didn't have as many options. bird and ncn weren't being considered yet, for example. we have a bit more now

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ah yes, but we 'kept Bird up our sleeves' for that tour game. And, from memory, NCN (& Al McD) only got onto the off-season Aus A tour because of injury (inc. to Cutting), as opposed to Bird. NCN's average for the season (35. plus 0/66 in the aus a game) might go against him. obv they don't mind picking high 20's (Hilf, MJ), but that might be a bridge too far. t20 form and all. still, easy enough to argue for any of bird/cutting/ncn

Harris is (hoping) to resume when the shield resumes...
Yeah wouldn't surprise me that much if it was Bird either I guess, but I do think not being a very good limited overs bowler will count against him; it probably means more for Tasmanians because of what their pitch is like for Shield games too.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
I know Gilly revolutionized keeping but I really hate watching crap keepers. I grew up watching Healy and that set my expectations pretty high. I even remember an awesome leg side stumping by Russell in an Ashes series of a medium pacer. Haddin was bad at times and then I saw Wade keep. Those 50s will lose value when he costs us a game. We don't create enough chances to grass them against good teams.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Luke Feldman a possible bolter as well, IMO.
Called it.

I've been championing the selection of Bird for a while now, probably to the edge of self parody, but I legitimately think he is a good option vs. Sri Lanka.

I reckon a guy moving it half a bat width either way could do some serious damage against them. Bird does that with alarming accuracy and regularity, and he's pushing it through quicker than last season (for those questioning the speed guns, I watched him at the first Shield game of the season; easily quicker through the air than Butterworth and Faulkner.)

And TBF, his List A and T20 records, whilst stricken with sample size issues, aren't what I'd call 'poor'. Definitely better than Ben Cutting's.

Has to be NCN or Bird for Melbourne IMO. Or both, and get rid of Johnson.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Called it.

I've been championing the selection of Bird for a while now, probably to the edge of self parody, but I legitimately think he is a good option vs. Sri Lanka.

I reckon a guy moving it half a bat width either way could do some serious damage against them. Bird does that with alarming accuracy and regularity, and he's pushing it through quicker than last season (for those questioning the speed guns, I watched him at the first Shield game of the season; easily quicker through the air than Butterworth and Faulkner.)

And TBF, his List A and T20 records, whilst stricken with sample size issues, aren't what I'd call 'poor'. Definitely better than Ben Cutting's.

Has to be NCN or Bird for Melbourne IMO. Or both, and get rid of Johnson.
Be happy with either of those blokes. NCN offers something a bit different with the bounce he gets.

Bit of a blessing for Starc with Hilf getting injured. Gives him a chance to establish himself.

Lostman

State Captain
Can't believe I am going to say this...

But after watching these 120 kph pie chuckers, I miss Dilhara Fernando.:sick: