• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia 2012/2013

Speersy

U19 Cricketer
Haha not even. Nobody said we'd lose due to resting starceh. Worst post

I wonder if they let him bowl a bit in the nets or if he has to go cold turkey
Hahaha, he was bowling on the nets, you could see a glimpse of him on ch 9 cricket show.
I actually think Johnson should always played ahead of Starc in Hobart. Watching the whole test in Hobart also confirmed my view that Starc should have been dropped, and when I heard he was being 'rested' that sounded like coud cowardness from the selectors because he got a 5 for.

Yes he picked up a few wickets but not good enough imo, Australia are only perservering with him because he is so young and no doubt has potential. Not fair to drop Johnson though (in Hobart) and I'm sorry Starceh you shouldn't play in Sydney. I'm sure he will though...politics

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hahaha, he was bowling on the nets, you could see a glimpse of him on ch 9 cricket show.
I actually think Johnson should always played ahead of Starc in Hobart. Watching the whole test in Hobart also confirmed my view that Starc should have been dropped, and when I heard he was being 'rested' that sounded like coud cowardness from the selectors because he got a 5 for.

Yes he picked up a few wickets but not good enough imo, Australia are only perservering with him because he is so young and no doubt has potential. Not fair to drop Johnson though (in Hobart) and I'm sorry Starceh you shouldn't play in Sydney. I'm sure he will though...politics
Unmmm.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This was a totally blameless pitch, that's the thing here. Sri Lanka were just totally abject.
Quite. At least half the batsmen in the first innings got themselves out with poor shots to decent ball. One of the worst test match performances I've seen in quite some time.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
At least for the first time people can come home from the cricket and go to the beach/shops.
Dead set a text from my mate who doesn't watch much cricket so isn't aware of the Lawryism:

"Got home from beach and test match over"

Lol'ed so so hard.

uvelocity

International Coach
I've been calling for years for a posting drs to overturn those howler posts from members who think they are #neverwrong

benchmark00

I've been calling for years for a posting drs to overturn those howler posts from members who think they are #neverwrong
He's looking for support but its not coming. It's embarrassing for the boi now.
Why does everyone think Starc played awesome, ffs didn't they see the game?
You obviously weren't watching if you think Starc's second innings spell was not awesome.

Speersy

U19 Cricketer
You obviously weren't watching if you think Starc's second innings spell was not awesome.[/QUOTE said:
Yeah he's second spell in the final innings was good. I thought the whole match, before that that he was literally going to be dropped.

Spikey

You have to remember that the style of bowling MJ has used in these two games, while effective, is also the style of bowling Australia has removed itself from since it failed so often in 08-09-10. When it comes to keeping it full, as per bowling coach policy, MJ has failed badly in this respect. A great deal of his impact in these games have come from short balls. As opposed to Starc in his two games, who was bowling full so often some people were criticising him for it, and had a great deal of his impact come from yorkers. Which is you know sorta the policy. I actually think it's really easy to drop MJ from the next game because of this. Simply, when it comes to conforming to the new style of Australian bowling, he failed. Of course, when you're 6 bowlers down or whatever there's nothing wrong with picking MJ and just telling him to bowl in the most effective manner he can, but on the flip side, when some of those bowlers recover, there's wrong with dumping MJ and citing the bowling policy as reason why.

Last edited:

Spikey

Oh no, spikey has made a post more than one line. In trouble here.
I almost made a big post about why I thought Usman's selection in this test was a terrible one, kinda similar to Hastings or if SOK all of a sudden got picked, but I decided to hold off, in fear of another #BoxingDayTaste.

Ruckus

International Captain
Yeah he's second spell in the final innings was good. I thought the whole match, before that that he was literally going to be dropped.
Yeah he bowled very well later on that match, but wasn't anything special beforehand. Add to that, the match before which was some of the worst bowling I've seen, and which played a significant part in us losing that match so badly, and I fail to see how Starc can be seen as any more reliable than Johnson at this stage.