• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pak In NZ Thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Tim said:
unlikely...usually if an NZ batsmen gets a good score in the previous match they respond with a 0 in the next & then go on to average less than 20 over the whole series.
LOL :lol:

This shall be an interesting match, 3/56 after 16 overs. I'm hoping Pakistan get up.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
^ I believe Akhtar and Bond are injured. I could be wrong though.

235/8! Wow I did not see that after being 112/6. Great knocks from Oram and McCullum, and the ironic thing about it is when I saw McCullum coming in I predicted NZ all out for 150.

I hope Pakistan are able to chase this down though, I want a competitive one day series between these two nations.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Hero_Don said:
Can anybody tell me why Bond, Ahktar and younis arent playing?
Bond: has been injured for ages.
Shoaib: was batting without a box in training, hit in sensitive area and has been out for two matches.
Younis: is that Waqar Younis? He is out of favour with selectors i think, unless he's retired...

NikhilN

International Regular
Pakistan 33/1 after 8 overs. run rate is 4.12 and needed is 4.83,pakistan are doing good.they should have the run rate needed soon

Hero_Don

School Boy/Girl Captain
Adamc said:
Bond: has been injured for ages.
Shoaib: was batting without a box in training, hit in sensitive area and has been out for two matches.
Younis: is that Waqar Younis? He is out of favour with selectors i think, unless he's retired...
Thanx for that

Craig

World Traveller
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
A bit harsh on him so soon no?
I agree.

McCullum is definatly a much better cricketer then what Richard gives him credit there.

Good to see Bond commentating.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Chris Cairns is bowling absolute rubbish...and add to the fact that he's been hopeless with the bat.

We can't keep picking Oram & Cairns..it has to be one or the other & clearly at the moment Oram is the better of the two.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I absolutely agree. Oram to me is the new Chris Cairns for NZ. He's playing better cricket and is doing his job, I used to be one of Cairns' biggest supporters but I think he's got to go.

Pakistan should win this game with Youhana there, but I'm not overly confident just yet.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Jono said:
I absolutely agree. Oram to me is the new Chris Cairns for NZ. He's playing better cricket and is doing his job, I used to be one of Cairns' biggest supporters but I think he's got to go.

Pakistan should win this game with Youhana there, but I'm not overly confident just yet.
I will be overly confident then. I can't see anyway Pakistan can lose, they only need 96 off 20 overs with 8 wickets remaining. Even if they lose 2-3 wickets now, they still have Azhar Mahmood at no. 9. NZ bowlers have been generally poor, Imran and Youhana having no problems picking off 4-5 singles an over with a few boundaries inbetween.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The best thing from Pakistan today has been the way they have not gone for flashy risky strokes and shown maturity in their batting. Their batting has been pretty impressive when they have been known to collapse playing very rash strokes.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Imran Farhat doesn't get his hundred, I'm so disappointed he deserved it. Well Pakistan will win this one levelling the series, and a well played win. NZ looked flat today in every aspect of the match.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Im afraid so...New Zealand really look down on confidence at the moment, which is really disappointing to see considering how well they did in the test series in India..since then though, everything has gone down the gutter.

280 should have been the ideal score today & again the bowling has been concerning.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
The big problem is that its not even half way through the NZ home season & already our best spinner looks like he needs a rest.

New Zealand have got big problems..however having said that, i've seen teams play poorly leading up to what they would consider a more important series & then rise-up so im hoping that will be the case with NZ.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Youhana gets the winnings runs in the end, and a solid win for Pakistan. I still wish Imran Farhat got his ton, he really was playing well with Youhana at the crease but in the end the job was done comfortably.

Well will Cairns make it to the game on Saturday, and will Akhtar play for Pakistan?

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
NZ needed to take advantage of the fact that Shoaib was missing for the first 2 games, but as it stands we're now 1-1 & its almost 100% certain that Shoaib will turn up at Christchurch.

I don't think NZ will make many changes...I think Martin Crowe made the point about Chris Harris. If he doesn't get recalled then that shows that the selectors are no longer considering him as an option for ODI cricket.

McCullum may open, but I think Cumming should get one last chance to score some runs or else thats 8 inning failures v Pakistan & a sign that he needs to go back to domestic cricket. Personally I think the writing is already on the wall for Cumming, but one more chance may be good.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I feel sorry for Cumming though, he's had all his success for Otago as an opener in 4 day cricket & little at OD level..so really he got thrown in at the deep end & the chances of him playing test cricket, perhaps where he would best be suited are very slim.

anzac

International Debutant
Tim said:
meh, 25/2...Marshall out. Me thinks Marshall is going to go down the same track as Vincent.
That's a very tough call unless you are meaning that he is playing out of position and suffering from being exposed too early as a result of the openers failing to provide any sort of 'protection'!!!!

IMO in the 2 games so far he has shown enough ability - he got out today as a result of misreading the pace off the pitch, unlike other more senior players who have appeared 'lost' at the crease....Marshall showed what he can do in the ODI series in Pakistan where he batted at No4 against Shoaib & Sami, and the pitches did not have the same amount of early movement or variation throughout the match.....

IMO Cumming, McMillan & Cairns have been more disappointing thus far....

:P

anzac

International Debutant
Pratyush said:
The best thing from Pakistan today has been the way they have not gone for flashy risky strokes and shown maturity in their batting. Their batting has been pretty impressive when they have been known to collapse playing very rash strokes.
agreed - looks very encouraging for future successes....Miandad's influence??????

what was his record like in his previous stint in charge?????

Last edited: