Fitness tips from Alec Stewart and Yuvraj Singh
These are some of the things these two cricketers use to prepare
for a match (done in a single fitness sesion on a day):
1) 500 squats (Alec) (geez, Alec, were u trying to get into the Royal Marines?)
2) 60 push ups (Alec and Yuvraj)
3) 120 situps (Alec) -- I suppose Yuvraj does a fair few.
3) Lift 10 Kg Dumbells (Yuvraj) for about 50 mins
5) Either 30 mins treadmill or 30 mins swim session.
This is by no means exhaustive.
Just wondering, amongst those who play cricket on this board,
what sort of fitness regime do you go through to prepare for a match ?
Is it along the lines of above -- some flexibility exercise, some cardio, some weights etc ?
Or is there one particular exercise that u emphasise ?