• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies in Bangladesh 2012

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ahh, gutted. Was fantasizing boasting to my mates about the money I'd just made. :laugh:

cnerd123

likes this
I like it. It's probably designed this way to distract the batsmen as the spinners bowl.

Too good from BD today. Very impressive. They've now won 3 of their last 5 ODIs. I like that.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Awesome BD. For all the whitewash and rankings talk by Sammy, he would have to start thinking about a first win in the series now :laugh:

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Wow, this seriously happened? Gazi WAG. Looks like Anamul didn't do too bad either.

Why the **** do they keep picking Abul, that too over Rubel? ****in hell.

Daemon

Then bat him at 3.

He's a pretty poor bowler tbf, absolutely no point picking him.

cnerd123

likes this
He bowled quite well in his first 4 overs. Only gave away 9 runs. That too to Gayle and Simmons. Gazi then dropped a simple catch from Gayle, and poor Abul got thwacked for a six and two fours.

He promptly got taken off the attack for Gazi, who then got Gayle out second ball and stole all the glory.

He then bowled 2 overs for 6 runs to Pollard and Bravo while they were rebuilding, and then got smacked for 14 runs first over of the batting powerplay when Rampaul was having just having a go at all the bowlers. And Rampaul has hit some decent bowlers for runs - took 86 from 66 balls against India not too long ago - mostly off Ashwin, Aaron and Jadeja.

Sure those guys aren't great bowlers, but they're pretty sound. Abul didn't have such a bad day really tbh, for a 20 year old quick bowling to a fairly powerful WI lineup on a pitch where seamers didn't have much for them in general. Give the kid a break.

Daemon

My bad, I should've mentioned I was talking about tests. I didn't watch him bowl in this game.

Challis

U19 12th Man
Abul started well, he only conceded 9 runs in his first 4 overs. He induced an edge off Simmons that went where 2nd slip would have been, then later had Simmons caught but the umpire didn't hear the massive sound, furthermore Gazi dropped a simple catch again from Simmons after which Abul totally lost his head and got smashed in that over by Gayle, so you can't totally blame him.

I'm glad Anamul got runs but his footwork was appalling, I hope it was just nerves and that he improves this otherwise he won't last long. I can't believe he would have had all the success he's had with that footwork. On the plus side he seems too sight the ball early and has fast hands. He dispatches the bad balls easily but needs to work on getting singles to rotate the strike. All in all not bad for a 19 year old, just hope Bangladesh hire a good batting coach to work with these youngsters, like Jamie Siddons did with Tamim, Shakib et al. Siddons might not have been the best head coach but he was a damn good batting coach.

Last edited:

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
I'm glad Anamul got runs but his footwork was appalling, I hope it was just nerves and that he improves this otherwise he won't last long. I can't believe he would have had all the success he's had with that footwork. On the plus side he seems too sight the ball early and has fast hands. He dispatches the bad balls easily but needs to work on getting singles to rotate the strike. All in all not bad for a 19 year old, just hope Bangladesh hire a good batting coach to work with these youngsters, like Jamie Siddons did with Tamim, Shakib et al. Siddons might not have been the best head coach but he was a damn good batting coach.
yeah he is sometimes vulnerable to balls outside off stump. He needs to work it out with a coach and rectify that as soon as possible otherwise looks like he will induce lots of edges to w.k. or slips will be warming their hands at regular intervals. Otherwise he looks a good customer, using proper feet to spinners and has a good leg side play. Also it is beyond my understanding that national team is without any batting coach/ batting assistant atm. The gap created suddenly as Pybus left unexpectedly but by this time we should have managed a batting coach/ assistant and started sorting out these problems sooner. Jamie Siddons, without any doubt, worked wonders esp with Tamim.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
Would like to see these guys ton-up.

They bat with so much more assurance in ODIs than in Tests. Like Tamim said, it's because they play so much more One Day cricket than 4/5 day cricket.

Daemon

Anamul looks like he's got a good head on his shoulders as well as the talent to boot. Excellent conversion rate in FC cricket too, reckon he'll be part of the Test set up soon enough.