• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in Australia 2012

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Clarke hasn't looked that comfortable against some of the really short stuff has he? Awkwardly left a couple of Morkel's bouncers earlier too.

Ruckus

International Captain
Who do people think has been the best bowler so far out of both teams? Would be leaning towards Pattinson tbh. Didn't have the greatest time with the first new ball, but I think he's been the most consistently aggressive with the older ball. Shows what a flat wicket this is though, given nobody has managed to get any movement after the new ball. Hope Kevin Mitchell Jnr isn't being praised for this.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Who do people think has been the best bowler so far out of both teams? Would be leaning towards Pattinson tbh. Didn't have the greatest time with the first new ball, but I think he's been the most consistently aggressive with the older ball. Shows what a flat wicket this is though, given nobody has managed to get any movement after the new ball. Hope Kevin Mitchell Jnr isn't being praised for this.
Quiney obv.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Most of CW didn't have a problem with the Gabba in 2010 so they must have no problem with this wicket? :dry:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Wow, what a ****ing **** you are Burgey. Saw your post and thought I missed his ton. Lunch not finished yet.

Ruckus

International Captain
Most of CW didn't have a problem with the Gabba in 2010 so they must have no problem with this wicket? :dry:
Gabba 2010 from memory had a bit in it for about the first 2 or so days, and then really flattened out bad. Wasn't a great wicket in itself, but it wasn't as bad as this.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Ruckus, I'm going to say Steyn has been the best bowler so far this Test match. None of the six main strike bowlers have disgraced themselves, but the guys who generally require some swing or seam (Hilfenhaus and Philander) have looked the least likely but have at the same time been the tightest.

Ruckus

International Captain
yeah indeed. Would have to be a battle between Steyn and Pattinson. Always love it when Steyn comes back for the occasional spell of 145k deliveries too.

Thought Philander was going to be a real handful after seeing him in the new ball overs, but yeah as you said, really hasn't had much going for him since. Wonder how McGrath would be faring on this.