• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Champions League T20 2012

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
at least when chris gayle and virat kohli knocked us out last year it was chris gayle and virat kohli

SeamUp

International Coach
Always worth watching a Davy Wiese innings when he plays like that.

How high did that one 6 honestly go ?

EDIT: How did McCullum not bowl some darts on that ?

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why would open with this guy when my mum is a better bowler? I guess he's a reserve normally but the major names were stolen by IPL? Quota selection?

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Because they're trying to squeeze an over of pies in while Lumb is at the crease.

No point using Thomas and de Villiers when the best batsmen are sitting in the dug out.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Seriously though, Lumb has had a pretty good 6 months. He did well for Notts in the Championship, one of the toughest asks for a top order bat, especially with the weather last season, and has had a strong Champions League, at least compared to his Big Bash.

Reckon he must be in the fold for England's limited overs plans again.

Scaly piscine

Because they're trying to squeeze an over of pies in while Lumb is at the crease.

No point using Thomas and de Villiers when the best batsmen are sitting in the dug out.
They opened with an off-spinner, to a right handed lower order bat. It's utterly witless. Just bowl properly at him with the new ball.

The bowling so far has been absolute ****e. Lumb isn't a bad bat, he gets lot of these fast cameos - he just never goes on as demonstrated right there.

SeamUp

International Coach
6-ers at a canter here.

They have come out gung-ho and fair play to them. Common sense batting should see them home.

Scaly piscine

Don't know if it's just coincidence with the bowlers and so on - or whether the conditions have changed, but it seems like the ball has come onto the bat a lot better since the mid to late stages of the Titans innings and has kept on going like that. I guess it could be because Sydney had a bit more pace to exploit the indifference in the pitch.

Scaly piscine

Oh dear me, Sydney have completely dominated this game except for a few periods of utter capitulation. Game on.