• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
There was a time when we could at least restrict the scoring in these places, even if we didn't take many wickets. Memories and all that.

In other news, Swann's pre-match comments about Ashwin weren't the smartest, were they? Similar to Keith Fletcher's bagging of Kumble before the 1993 series, and we all know what happened then.

Spark

Global Moderator
Sehwag going bonkers is obvs no easy deal at the best of times and his bowlers have been poo, but haven't been impressed with Cook's captaincy thus far.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Has Samit actually pitched one on a good length yet? He started with a juicy full toss and has since bowled a vast majority of genuine half volleys with the odd cut ball.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm bored of this; lets bowl Pietersen. That's always fun even if he's getting hammered. Gavaskar reckons he'll take more wickets than Swann in this series anyway...

hazsa19

International Regular
There was a time when we could at least restrict the scoring in these places, even if we didn't take many wickets. Memories and all that.

In other news, Swann's pre-match comments about Ashwin weren't the smartest, were they? Similar to Keith Fletcher's bagging of Kumble before the 1993 series, and we all know what happened then.
This time last year Broad and Jimmy were superb, and Monty doesn't give too much away. Shame..

Teja.

Global Moderator
England have been letting go of singles way too easily.

India has been taking it easy for the last ten overs and still have scored more than fifty.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sehwag going bonkers is obvs no easy deal at the best of times and his bowlers have been poo, but haven't been impressed with Cook's captaincy thus far.
I'm prepared to give him time, making your captaincy debut in India can't be easy. The key will be how he does in 2013 with two winnable series against New Zealand followed by the ashes double header. Could be a short reign for Cook if things don't go well.

Spark

Global Moderator
I'm prepared to give him time, making your captaincy debut in India can't be easy. The key will be how he does in 2013 with two winnable series against New Zealand followed by the ashes double header. Could be a short reign for Cook if things don't go well.
Indeed, but at this point in time I don't actually know how he intends to get Sehwag out, which is surely the best option.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I hope he doesn't find himself the scapegoat if this lot don't start to justify their reputations over the next 12 months.

biased indian

International Coach
England have been letting go of singles way too easily.

India has been taking it easy for the last ten overs and still have scored more than fifty.
pujara has outscored sehwag in the partnership so far...it gives an idea how they have bowled to the new guy

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Samit! There's a place called a 'good length' on the cricket pitch. Find it now
This is then olde English theory that part-time spinners are a good option against Indian batsmen. I've never quite worked it out. Thankfully we abandoned it for a while, but it's back to haunt us today.

Flem274*

123/5
Heh, just tuned in to the scorecard. Sehwag returns to India, Sehwag does well.

I don't think there has been a more intimidating opener to bowl to in the subcontinent.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Samit! There's a place called a 'good length' on the cricket pitch. Find it now
He has seriously bowled four overs now without giving himself a solitary chance to beat the batsman either in the or off the pitch, because of his length. Ridiculous. Even Pietersen at least actually bowls one good bowl an over ffs.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Indeed, but at this point in time I don't actually know how he intends to get Sehwag out, which is surely the best option.
To be fair, I think most captains, beyond a point just figure Sehwag will eventually get himself out. To everyone's surprise Sehwag has played very unlike Sehwag, I think most captains would be lost as to what to do against him if he were to play like this all the time.

Spark

Global Moderator
I can only assume that they're so disheartened by what they see as the supposed flatness of the deck that they're trying every part of the pitch out to make sure it's equally flat everywhere.

Spark

Global Moderator
To be fair, I think most captains, beyond a point just figure Sehwag will eventually get himself out. To everyone's surprise Sehwag has played very unlike Sehwag, I think most captains would be lost as to what to do against him if he were to play like this all the time.
Stacked offside in-out field, short cover, one-day style? It's a plan, at least.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I can only assume that they're so disheartened by what they see as the supposed flatness of the deck that they're trying every part of the pitch out to make sure it's equally flat everywhere.
Samit's been pretty consistent in his poor length though. I think we can safely declare half volley length to be flat now.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Pujara has 35 at run-a-ball over the last 10.

One thing to concede at that rate to Sehwag for whom it's a way of life but to concede that to the new batsman while he's not taking any unnecessary risks on a pitch with something for bowlers who bowl at a good length is a joke.