• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Well done to England, it was richly deserved and they've merely confirmed my notion that India would struggle badly once some of their experienced batting stars called it a day, i mean that batting order is what mainly won them games, so take that away and you're left with a weakened batting order and a bowling unit that isn't settled and keeps getting changed, it's just a recipe for disaster really,

As for the boy Root, done ok but i wouldn't be going overboard just yet, young batters have done well in India over the last few years, Kane Williamson cracked a ton on debut, Darren Bravo hit back to back tons and even little Kraigg Brathwaite who was 18 at the time got two 60 odd scores when we last toured there, personally i think Southee and Boult will give him a sterner examination than the Indian bowlers did, i don't see much difference between him and Bairstow right now tbh.
But most of them play a rather poor standard of FC at home though. Williamson mind plays a fair bit of FC year round.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
When Dhoni says WC 07 was worse he's partly referring to the fact that his house, as well as a few other players houses were attacked after India got eliminated.

And Dhoni has obviously admitted over several interviews that India is in transition and there will losses in the coming future.

Anyhow, interesting times ahead for Indian cricket.

Oh and Congrats to England, I still don't think they would have beaten us if this was 2 years ago, but it's not their fault are batsmen have forgotten how to bat.

Salderson91

Cricket Spectator
Hi guys, I'm a new poster look forward to getting involed with the discussions.

Thought I'd start with sharing the 5 things I think England learned in this series, on my new blog. What do you make of it? agree or not?

Link Removed

Last edited by a moderator:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Not sure I'm keen on you linking to that language.

You're very welcome to join in the discussions, but not like this, please.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Awful awful test match but this series really has been quite something for an England fan, looked like this was going to be one of the very worst years in a long time but what a way to salvage it.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So looking at our last series against the top 8

(H/A)
Saffa LL
Oz WW
India WW
Pakistan WL
Sri Lanka WD
Windies WL
NZ WW

Away record still needs some work for us to climb back up there but when was the last time we had successive wins over both India and Australia? Quality, can't actually believe it.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Sorry, didn't realise language was an issue..

Is sharing my blog not allowed either? Not a issue if not of course.
To be brutally honest, it's not a great first impression to just be posting a link as it can look a little like advertising.

PS I'm not meaning to sound like a grumpy old git, that just seems to happen these days...

Salderson91

Cricket Spectator
Yeah, no worries I understand that.. Just saves me writing it all again and also clogging the thread with a huge post, but I see where your coming from.

Howe_zat

Audio File
So looking at our last series against the top 8

(H/A)
Saffa LL
Oz WW
India WW
Pakistan WL
Sri Lanka WD
Windies WL
NZ WW

Away record still needs some work for us to climb back up there but when was the last time we had successive wins over both India and Australia? Quality, can't actually believe it.
We drew in south africa, so there are no LLs, at least.

Those NZ results took a while to come back to me. Feels like we had a different side altogether

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Those NZ results took a while to come back to me. Feels like we had a different side altogether
Anderson was just making his return to the side for the away leg, in for the controversially dropped Matthew Hoggard. Southee made his Test debut in the series. It does seem like an eternity ago.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

Yeah don't know why I put it down as a defeat, I guess all those posts about it being practically 3-1 finally affected me :ph34r: