• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Awe come on!

The selectors were so close to the perfect squad! Zak being dropped is seriously lame, have they consulted with Dhoni about this?

Jadeja needs to play the next test, this guy would have been a wrecker on the Mumbai pitch. Dunno much about this new pacer, but I'll take him over Ishant and Dinda for sure.

Chawla gtfo

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rahane has not been selected as an opener as stated before, so most likely he'll be slotted in at 6. Making a statement by dropping Zaheer but I would've preferred him over Ishant and Dinda tbh..

Wonder who the two seamers will be (unless they go with Jadeja, Ashwin and Ojha). Dinda all but assured of a test debut I guess, which is lame.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Zaheer Khan, Yuvraj Singh and Harbhajan Singh dropped

India have dropped Zaheer Khan, Yuvraj Singh and Harbhajan Singh for the Nagpur Test. Delhi fast bowler Parwinder Awana and Suarashtra allrounder Ravindra Jadeja have received first Test call-ups. Piyush Chawla replaced Harbhajan. Sachin Tendulkar retained his Test spot, and MS Dhoni his captaincy

Squad: MS Dhoni (capt. & wk), Gautam Gambhir, Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar, Virat Kohli, Ravindra Jadeja, Cheteshwar Pujara, R Ashwin, Ashok Dinda, Pragyan Ojha, Ajinkya Rahane, Pyish Chawla, Ishant Sharma, M Vijay, Parwinder Awana
Think it says a lot that these are considered worthy of being remarked on rather than assumed as a given.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Its worth noting that Zaheer, Harbhajan and Yuvraj are 3 of the gang of 4 I was talking about with Sachin :laugh:

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Jadeja and Ashwin as lower middle order bats is sounding really awesome already. I'm still a bit concerned about Jadeja's batting, but he has scored a load of runs in Ranji so hopefully he finds his place.

Parwinder and Dinda for the next test. Ishant can gtfo..

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If we don't put a decent show and Dhoni fails in the next game, I think it's over for him tbh.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Apparently Dhoni was off to a meeting with the selectors after the game, so yes.
Ah, I still disagree with this Zak decision, hopefully he's back for the Aussie series, we'll need him. Anyhow the rest of the selection picks are awesome.

Looks like this new committee is aggressive and isn't afraid to make bold moves, good stuff.

Teja.

Global Moderator
It's likely that we will field Sharma and Dinda as our pace bowling attack next text.

Good god.