• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Smith has suppressed Viv in terms of test hundreds! Viv has 24 hundreds in 182 innings while Smith right now has 26 in 126 innings!

I mean Smith does have a benefit of batting on Australian roads but still this is ridiculous..
I mean they both have 13 away centuries, just that Smith’s played 50 fewer away innings than Viv.

What I predict my XI will be in 5 years.

Hobbs
Sutcliffe
Bradman*
Smith
Tendulkar
Sobers
Gilchrist+
Marshall
Warne
Steyn
McGrath

2nd XI

Hutton
Gavaskar
Sangakkara
Kohli
Hammond
Kallis
Knott+
Imran*
Hadlee
Wasim
Murali

(probs missed someone obvious from the 2nd XI)

Last edited:

ataraxia

International Coach
I mean they both have 13 away centuries, just that Smith’s played 50 fewer away innings than Viv.

What I predict my XI will be in 5 years.

Hobbs
Sutcliffe
Bradman*
Smith
Tendulkar
Sobers
Gilchrist+
Marshall
Warne
Steyn
McGrath

2nd XI

Hutton
Gavaskar
Sangakkara
Kohli
Hammond
Kallis
Knott+
Imran*
Hadlee
Wasim
Murali

(probs missed someone obvious from the 2nd XI)
Richards, Border, Headley, Pollock, Lara for Kohli?

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Lara a good shout. Pollock and Headley I’m reluctant to select over the other options but certainly have the talent. Richards as the overrated bloke he is ain’t close.

Logan

U19 Captain
Bradman, Smith and Tendulkar will be the general consensus for the middle order on most ATG teams two decades from now. Unless Smith falls drastically or Kohli improves a lot.

Last edited:

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kohli is actually matching Tendulkar statistically (number of innings to get to 7K, rate of scoring Test centuries etc.). It's just that Smith is even further ahead so it takes a bit of attention away from how well Kohli is doing in Tests.

sunilz

International Regular
Kohli needs 1 or 2 tour of Pak/UAE to increase his overseas and total average. He is missing out on cheap runs in familiar batting conditions. 90% of his overseas runs are outside Asia

Teja.

Global Moderator
The home tracks VK is batting on on average are not close to as batting friendly as the home tracks Dravid or Ponting batted on imo.

India has become a lot more bowling bowling friendly.

sunilz

International Regular
Kohli's home average is excellent. His overseas average of 46 is a concern . This is his peak period. If he doesn't get his overseas average around 50, then all it will take is 1 or 2 bad series for his overseas average to be below 45.And I don't think you can consider a player ATG if his overseas average is below 45.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Kohli's home average is excellent. His overseas average of 46 is a concern . This is his peak period. If he doesn't get his overseas average around 50, then all it will take is 1 or 2 bad series for his overseas average to be below 45.And I don't think you can consider a player ATG if his overseas average is below 45.
I don't know, I think he has clearly proven that he is fine in any conditions, unless he randomly decides to become dog **** now - he's fine and well on path.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
That one bad series in England hurting his overseas record. Even after doing extremely well in the 2018 tour to England, his average in England is quite ordinary in 30s.