• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What's the prickiness status of Lindwall and other Australian quicks besides DKL and McGrath?

vcs

Not a complete wanker Australia XI

Rogers
Morris
-
-
Hussey
Miller
Paine
Benaud
-
-
Gillespie
SoK ( Ok, he's got his flaws but Warne hates him so that automatically makes him a top guy in my book)
Martyn. Shoved Sharad Pawar aside

OverratedSanity

Martyn. Shoved Sharad Pawar aside
That's hardly the worst thing Martyn has done. That story of how he called a couple of girls fat and ugly to their face and told them to piss off just because he was in a bad mood always makes me laugh at what an immense prick he is.

trundler

That's hardly the worst thing Martyn has done. That story of how he called a couple of girls fat and ugly to their face and told them to piss off just because he was in a bad mood always makes me laugh at what an immense prick he is.
Wow that's ****ed

OverratedSanity

Found it

Damien Martyn still has any trouble making headlines in the local press. Pity he has had to do it this way, though. When Ricky Ponting and his boys awoke in Perth yesterday they did so to a report in The West Australian
newspaper of an amazing incident that took place in a Perth hotel last Friday involving Martyn, his former fiancee Helen Appleyard and some of her girlfriends. Appleyard, who ended her three-year relationship with Martyn in 2003 after she allegedly found intimate text messages to another woman on his mobile phone, told the paper she was at the Subiaco Hotel and, spotting a former business colleague, she walked over to say hello and then, realising that Martyn was standing next to him, she said hello to him, too. According to Appleyard, Martyn responded by saying "f--- off, f--- off, you're a slut", and even though his friends tried to calm him, he then took aim at her girlfriends. Said Appleyard: "He started looking at all the girls that were with me, about half a dozen of us, and he said to one, 'You can f--- off, you're ugly', and said to another, 'You're all right, you can stay'. The worst was when he said to one girl, 'You can f--- off, you've got a fat arse' and she was absolutely devastated and went home because she was so upset."

JFC

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/sporting-life-20051215-ge1fju.html?page=2

Last edited:

vcs

I was using that as a reason to put him in the "Not a Complete Wanker XI" though.

Borges

International Regular
What's this thread descended into now?

Where has the Bradman is the greater cricketer-sportsman than C B Fry debate gone?
Or the Bradman dominated one half of his sport more than Jahangir Khan dominated his debate?
Bring them back, please!

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
lmfao @ that Martyn story. Heard it before years ago but completely forgot about it until now.
Haha yeah same. In fact I think this is second third time I'm re-learning about it.

It's dire enough that it doesn't seem like something I'd forget, so it's weird.