• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Dear god, the pivotal number 3 spot is being taken by Williamson ahead of Viv Richards. Not sure I've seen such total and utter bollocks in a long time if at all.
Yeah, a pivotal spot being taken by the player with the higher average, what a travesty

Man Murali to carry drinks in your squad of 22!!
If he gets ICC clearance for not extending a 15 degree angle when pouring a refreshing beverage to a player's vessel.

But that pitch has to be something turning sideways to interfere or interrupt my

(1) Bond
(2) Garner
(3) Hadlee
(4) C Cairns/Dev/Khan

Attack...

Actually, Garner bowls (3), and Hadlee bowls (2).

Last edited:
Wasim sitting on the couch
Well he could challenge Garner, at best with his batting over Garner's bowling economy. Bond (nor Hadlee for that matter) is not losing his spot to Wasim.

I could expand the squad to 24 and put Wasim and possibly even Waqar in it if you like in case Bond or Garner get injured?

Look at the batting in the top 9 as indicated...

Last edited:

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Well he could challenge Garner, at best with his batting over Garner's bowling economy. Bond (nor Hadlee for that matter) is not losing his spot to Wasim.

I could expand the squad to 24 and put Wasim and possibly even Waqar in it if you like in case Bond or Garner get injured?

Look at the batting in the top 9 as indicated...
25 will do just about fine to include Danny Morrison too. ODI team without him is no fun.

25 will do just about fine to include Danny Morrison too. ODI team without him is no fun.
Ha.

I am not surprised to be called on NZ bias with Bond, C Cairns, Williamson and Hadlee suggested. But they never all played together. NZ has far more weaker players than the top 8 sides typically at any one given time, but that does not mean that C Cairns, Williamson (currently) Hadlee and Bond were not fantastic players and world beaters as individuals.

Hadlee is with all comers.

Carins as a fourth bowler batsman in ODI's - good luck to beat that - Dev, Faulkner, Afridi, Razzaq and Khan are acknowledged.

Bond's record - good luck beating that record against the World's best. Beats Hadlee's probably for ODI cricket.

Williamson is new... but so far he is Usain Boult circa 2008, it looks promising no?

As a NZ'er, typically our team has more crap players than any other top 8 team. But we have some real gems to offer world cricket. In Bond's case they get injured, or in Williamson and Carins's case, they lack support of equi-talent. In Hadlee's they only had Crowe in the team and the rest were all pies.

Last edited:
I adore KW but ranking him above Viv :laugh:

He's a baby ffs
No - if you read the posts I ranked Viv #1 and AB De Villiers #2....

I did not give KW a ranking. But I acknowledged that him, Kohli and even Shakib were bold picks seeing their career could go south. But on their present playing history, they do qualify. Whether they be babies, middle aged or old men. Put him and them in any order with Amla and Tendulkar/Sangakarrra on age or otherwise.

Last edited:

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Ha.

I am not surprised to be called on NZ bias with Bond, C Cairns, Williamson and Hadlee suggested. But they never all played together. NZ has far more weaker players than the top 8 sides typically at any one given time, but that does not mean that C Cairns, Williamson (currently) Hadlee and Bond were not fantastic players and world beaters as individuals.

Hadlee is with all comers.

Carins as a fourth bowler batsman in ODI's - good luck to beat that - Dev, Faulkner, Afridi, Razzaq and Khan are acknowledged.

Bond's record - good luck beating that record against the World's best. Beats Hadlee's probably for ODI cricket.

Williamson is new... but so far he is Usain Boult circa 2008, it looks promising no?

As a NZ'er, typically our team has more crap players than any other top 8 team. But we have some real gems to offer world cricket. In Bond's case they get injured, or in Williamson and Carins's case, they lack support of equi-talent. In Hadlee's they only had Crowe in the team and the rest were all pies.
No one is saying they are not world beaters but Wasim goes above Hadlee or Bond in 1st ODI XI 10/10. I guess you constructed that XI bearing an entire different meaning and proposition.

No one is saying they are not world beaters but Wasim goes above Hadlee or Bond in 1st ODI XI 10/10. I guess you constructed that XI bearing an entire different meaning and proposition.
Bond's SR and economy for era beats all comers in my opinion. He crushed and destroyed the best. His record against Australia during their unparalleled word champion reign is incredible.

Hadlee has Wasim on batting and bowling-economy - but you could argue a case for Wasim over Hadlee on pure bowling (and SR hitting). I would go Hadlee, but choose Wasim if you fancy. I think Wasim has more chance ousting Garner personally - but I concede debate on this point.

If he remains sober - Jimmy Faulkner from Australia could make this debate moot and force an allrounder into the #3 seamer spot. He is an incredible talent.

Last edited:

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Bond's SR and economy for era beats all comers in my opinion. He crushed and destroyed the best. His record against Australia during their unparalleled word champion reign is incredible.

Hadlee has Wasim on batting and bowling-economy - but you could argue a case for Wasim over Hadlee on pure bowling (and SR hitting). I would go Hadlee, but choose Wasim if you fancy. I think Wasim has more chance ousting Garner personally - but I concede debate on this point.

If he remains sober - Jimmy Faulkner from Australia could make this debate moot and force an allrounder into the #3 seamer spot. He is an incredible talent.
Let's be very specific. You think Hadlee or Bond is better than Wasim in ODIs? Yes or No.

I feel bad for you now Andy Zaltzhair.

Would it make your life simpler if I say that they're both better than Wasim given Bond's uber bowling for his era and comparitive batting, and Hadlee's better batting and economy but less on the SR for batting and bowling?

We're flamingos afterall Denny. And you were not specific.

As a heads up - you probably should attack Hadlee and not Bond.

Last edited: