• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Mate, please, just let it go and talk about something else. Consider this an official moderator instruction.

If you can't divide players up on anything other than race then just don't do it at all. It's not compulsory.
I'd like to extend this to everyone else too. If he keeps talking about it he'll get an infraction or kicked out of the thread, but give him an excuse to move on without more posts about it to reply to.

CricketFan90s

U19 Captain
Its the way you described them mate “British and Afro-Asian”. Plus actually talking about their race in the initial posts.

Shoulda just gone SENA vs RoW.

Also I and most of the forum iirc rate Hammond clearly ahead of Chappell.
Hammond looks like a superior choice. However, i wanted one player from 70s or 80s a good middle order batsmen in the Team. Chappell was also the best batsmen of World Series Cricket.

Spark

Global Moderator
Beyond the very obvious point that anyone posting Jordan Peterson unironically these days deserves nothing but the deepest scorn, the fact that Cribb - who is usually way more lenient and frankly nicer than me - asked you to stop and you clean ignored it means we're going straight past ignoring mod instructions and into continual disobedience.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Beyond the very obvious point that anyone posting Jordan Peterson ironically these days deserves nothing but the deepest scorn, the fact that Cribb - who is usually way more lenient and frankly nicer than me - asked you to stop and you clean ignored it means we're going straight past ignoring mod instructions and into continual disobedience.
I was just gonna give him 8 points and ban him from this particular thread for a week so he stfu about it, but given I gave him so many chances to stop I think this is probably fair.

Spark

Global Moderator
I was just gonna give him 8 points and ban him from this particular thread for a week so he stfu about it, but given I gave him so many chances to stop I think this is probably fair.
Honestly I would have done that too had it been literally anything other than culture war related bull**** that he went off the deep end on.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
You should not look simply at an Avg and come to a conclusion.
Tayfield was an offspinner but Saqlain was an Offspinner who can bowl Doosra
Mushtaq clearly better than Kallis (at one point of time he was compared to Warne and Kallis never was)
Steyn, Donald, Pollock vs Wasim, Waqar and Imran is clash of the titans
Its a pretty even contest which can go either way based on pitch conditions.
@slippy888 think it's time for the warne vs Kallis thread (bowling only).

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Pakistan all time great side are not fixing and therefore Wasim would have his catches at slip taken and average -5. Checkmate atheists.