• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Infamous

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Cronje so I can see that Richard quote again and again. And again and again and again.

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Very, very tough, but given that it looks like we'll have to put up with Ravi's bull**** for decades to come, I'm going for him.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Quarter-final 3 Results:

Hansie Cronje - 9
Ravi Shastri - 6

I say you are just jealous! All of you!

Last edited:

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Quarter-final, Battle 4

Sir Ian Botham (England)

Crimes:

- Single-handedly fracturing Somerset (and taking Viv Richards with him) with schoolboy antics
- Designated troll of Sky commentary team
- At least two extramarital affairs
- Beating up people on airlines
- Called out for racist abuse and ball tampering by Imran Khan, and then losing the defamation case he filed because it was true
- Reaffirming his captaincy credentials (0:55)

"Obvious, oafish and banal." - Simon Barnes on Botham's commentary

"Pakistan is the sort of country to send your mother in-law to for as long as possible, all expenses paid." - Botham before the 1992 World Cup final, whereupon he made a duck and went for 6 an over

"What have you done, what have you done?" "I've run you out, you ****." - Botham clarifies things to Geoff Boycott

"I told him that the people around him had caused his paranoia. Botham did things in that period and afterwards that I will never forgive or forget – never." - Peter Roebuck

"Babe, you ain't seen nothing yet! The mighty Beefy sword awaits ... and that's just for starters." - Botham in an e-mail to his mistress

"Good job I had an understanding wife." - In an interview after said e-mail was leaked

“[Botham was] in no way inhibited by a capacity to over-intellectualise.” - Frances Edmonds, wife of Phil

"Botham's idea of team spirit and motivation was to squirt a water pistol at someone and go and get pissed."- Ray Illingworth

"The only thing Botham would know about dawn runs is staggering back from the pub." - Graham Gooch

"At one point it looked like he’d found me a role in a movie, playing a psychopathic killer, but it never got made." - Botham recalls his meeting with film director Tim Hudson

"We hadn't half his talent, so what were we supposed to think?" - Peter Willey on Botham's twattish behaviour on a West Indies tour

A source of mine (who is generally very reliable) who works in the media reckons this is how it went down:
"Botham: Hello ****
Chappelli: How long have you been working on that one? Good to hear you’re still a ****ing idiot
Botham: Right, let’s settle this right here

Before they can, channel nine minder steps between them"
anyone who wants to throw shapes at Ian Botham can't be all bad.
I think Beefy's problem is that he was essentially a cricketing genius with an idiot attached..
Worst commentator ever to get a knighthood, for sure.
Botham can go **** himself with a limp celery stick.
Botham really is a terrible commentator. Reckon I could name about 20 people on CW alone that know more about cricket and would make a better commentator than him.
Botham's a terrible commentator. What difference does it make that he was a great player?
What did Beefy say?
Nothing.

I just don't like the prick.

Mohammad Asif (Pakistan)

Crimes:

- Suspended for being a drug cheat (exonerated after a lengthly boo-****ing-hoo), 2006
- Suspended for being a drug cheat, 2009
- Third stooge of the spot fixing scandal
- Drug smuggling in the UAE
- Attempted extortion of his fiance
- Hide yo kids, hide yo wife

"I didn't do anything wrong. There was one no-ball and, whatever the scenario was behind it, I described it in the court. There are lots of things and it will be in my book, which will be launched very soon." - Foreword to Asif: It's Tough Being Me

"It is hard to see how this could be an isolated occurrence for you." - Justice Cooke hands down his judgment on the above quote

"I love cricket: it is something that runs through me in my veins and my blood." - Along with THC

"I seriously expected a bravery award after what I have done." - Asif's ex-girlfriend after testifying on his spot-fixing

"He is a friendly and nice guy. I was shocked to hear about the allegations, so I dropped him from the film." - Bollywood director about Asif starring in a movie promoting friendship between India and Pakistan

"It is definite that he committed the crime as he was caught red-handed ... however in certain cases and for a faster litigation process the Public Prosecution drops a case due to insignificance and deports the suspect." - PCB, who else?

"Mohammad Asif is a superstar of Pakistan and we should not leave him alone over there [Dubai] and should not spare any effort to bring him back. We request the president and the premier to intervene in the matter and bring back the superstar." - Pakistani senator Zafar Iqbal Chaudhary

It'd be absolutely disgusting if Asif ever steps on a cricket pitch again.
If true (not the detention but the posession), then Asif must rank as one of the most stupid and arrogant guys on the face of the planet
I also must check my wallet today. Gooey stuff tends to remain in one's wallet for months and somehow never gets noticed :dry:
There's a world of difference between an unpleasant personality and being a crooked piece of ****.
Did not deserve the God given talent he threw away.
Tough round, but few beat the drug using, match fixing weed that is Asif.
Asif, could have had it all
Asif has to be the worst person to have played international cricket.
Asif is up there for the most dislikable cricketer of all time.
Is the implication, that if he wasn't a superstar they should have just let him rot? Would the same calls be made if it was Mohammed Sami sitting in a Dubai prison?

Last edited: