• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Thread 2012/13

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Just gong through the stats and its kind of pleasing to see a good number of spin era averaging under 30 this year. Is it decent bowling or rubbish batting though?

O'Keefe 24 @ 22.20
Agar 19 @ 27.05
Ahmed 16 @ 28.37
Zampa 10 @ 23.90
Maxwell 7 @ 25.42

dermo

International Vice-Captain
looks like WA will get the outright points, so victoria better not **** this up and get bowled out a NSW-WA final in perth is looking likely

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
looks like WA will get the outright points, so victoria better not **** this up and get bowled out a NSW-WA final in perth is looking likely
Huss undoubtably the big wicket but I wouldn't be saying WA are that certain to win.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just gong through the stats and its kind of pleasing to see a good number of spin era averaging under 30 this year. Is it decent bowling or rubbish batting though?

O'Keefe 24 @ 22.20
Agar 19 @ 27.05
Ahmed 16 @ 28.37
Zampa 10 @ 23.90
Maxwell 7 @ 25.42
I feel like for the most part it's seamers doing the job and the spinners getting to clean up on tailenders.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I feel like for the most part it's seamers doing the job and the spinners getting to clean up on tailenders.
Yeah I agree somewhat, although I feel as though Ahmed has gotten many top order wickets and through classic legspinner dismissals too, not caught out in the deep.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Do we have an A tour first class matches scheduled anytime soon? Would be awesome if we went to Bangladesh or somewhere like that so a few bats get used to spinning conditions.

I'd be nervous if our top team toured Bangladesh if Shakib was fit..

morgieb

Stop choking Victoria.

At least Queensland are going good though, looks like it might be a draw there.

adub

International Captain

O'Keefe 24 @ 22.20
Agar 19 @ 27.05
Ahmed 16 @ 28.37
Zampa 10 @ 23.90
Maxwell 7 @ 25.42
**** batting has something to do with it, but Doherty's 2 @ 80, Lyon's 7 @ 71, Beer's 8 @ 46, Botha's 15 @ 39, Haurie's 13 @ 35, and Krejza's not enough @ too many to even get a ****ing game shows it takes more than rolling your arm over to call yourself a spinner (but not to get a baggy green as one). We do have one ready to go option and some real prospects.

O'Keefe has had a very solid season (no surprises there) and should be the spinner for us in the Ashes (09/10). Been overlooked for ****s (and Lyon who isn't a **** but hadn't earned his spot) now for 3 years. All the parrots in the pet shop were saying in 09 that his low average would blow out and he doesn't turn it. Well he mightn't turn it, but he keeps taking poles and that average is still stuck in the mid 20s whilst his name is constantly overlooked. Obviously more than bowling ability keeping him out of the side and it has to stop, we don't have that luxury. I'm not saying he'd be winning tests for us every second game, but for the integrity what the baggy green is supposed to be about we have to stop handing them out to numpties and ****s and let everyone know that performing in the Shield means more than 'he bowled good in the one dayers/BBL/anyotherwhiteballhitandgiggle' when handing out test spots.

Of all the finger spinners who have taken more than one test wicket for Australia (32 players) SOK has a better f/c average than all but 7 of them and the last of those (Mallett) retired in 81. He has a better f/c s/r than all but 6/7 (can't find Yardley's s/r) again with Mallett the most recent better, and he again has a better econ rate that all bar 12/13 (again missing stat for Yardley) with Murray Bennett the most recent better. His w/m ratio is 10th best (just ahead of Lyon) with May the most recent better (ie almost 20 years ago). Finger spin is tough in Australia and we'd all prefer a great wristy but at the moment O'Keefe is the only serious option we have apart from Lyon and really he should always have been in front of Lyon any way. Add in his handy batting and it stinks that he is overlooked when frauds like Krezja, Beer and Doherty have test caps.

Agar looks like an immense prospect in his few games and could be demanding a spot in a couple of seasons, but not yet. Thank **** that for all the stupid things the selectors do, keeping him in India (or worse playing him in a test) wasn't one of them. Let him get himself sorted out at Shield level first before putting the 'next Warnie' tag on him. Keeping him at WA has the added bonus of keeping Beer in grade where he belongs.

Ahmed looks like the best wristy we've had in the Shield since Magilla. Only seen a bit on the stream, but looks tidy and has taken a bag of wickets. Could be a big shot of getting a game in the home Ashes tests.

Zampa - see Agar. Immense prospect but needs some nurturing. Green wickets have meant he hasn't seen as much time in the Shield as he'll need to progress. O'Keefe obviously deserves to play so we need to work a way of getting him in even though NSW has great seam depth too. A conundrum.

Maxwell - I don't think he should have played a test so early, but I don't get the hate either. Very handy s/r and good numbers for a guy who is really a 5th bowling option. Needs to get a bit more consistency with the bat, but 1 ton and 8 50s in 26 first class innings indicates potential to be a handy no.6 and 5th bowler.

Spikey

Over 30.3: Faulkner to White, no run, OUT, pushes into the off side, takes off for a short single, Bailey pounces and underarms at the stumps, a direct hit with White well short

stunning

adub

International Captain
Great work Neser and Harris.

Now just need you two to take 9 wickets between you to leave WA stranded a few runs short of the outright when bad light is called.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
**** batting has something to do with it, but Doherty's 2 @ 80, Lyon's 7 @ 71, Beer's 8 @ 46, Botha's 15 @ 39, Haurie's 13 @ 35, and Krejza's not enough @ too many to even get a ****ing game shows it takes more than rolling your arm over to call yourself a spinner (but not to get a baggy green as one). We do have one ready to go option and some real prospects.

O'Keefe has had a very solid season (no surprises there) and should be the spinner for us in the Ashes (09/10). Been overlooked for ****s (and Lyon who isn't a **** but hadn't earned his spot) now for 3 years. All the parrots in the pet shop were saying in 09 that his low average would blow out and he doesn't turn it. Well he mightn't turn it, but he keeps taking poles and that average is still stuck in the mid 20s whilst his name is constantly overlooked. Obviously more than bowling ability keeping him out of the side and it has to stop, we don't have that luxury. I'm not saying he'd be winning tests for us every second game, but for the integrity what the baggy green is supposed to be about we have to stop handing them out to numpties and ****s and let everyone know that performing in the Shield means more than 'he bowled good in the one dayers/BBL/anyotherwhiteballhitandgiggle' when handing out test spots.

Of all the finger spinners who have taken more than one test wicket for Australia (32 players) SOK has a better f/c average than all but 7 of them and the last of those (Mallett) retired in 81. He has a better f/c s/r than all but 6/7 (can't find Yardley's s/r) again with Mallett the most recent better, and he again has a better econ rate that all bar 12/13 (again missing stat for Yardley) with Murray Bennett the most recent better. His w/m ratio is 10th best (just ahead of Lyon) with May the most recent better (ie almost 20 years ago). Finger spin is tough in Australia and we'd all prefer a great wristy but at the moment O'Keefe is the only serious option we have apart from Lyon and really he should always have been in front of Lyon any way. Add in his handy batting and it stinks that he is overlooked when frauds like Krezja, Beer and Doherty have test caps.

Agar looks like an immense prospect in his few games and could be demanding a spot in a couple of seasons, but not yet. Thank **** that for all the stupid things the selectors do, keeping him in India (or worse playing him in a test) wasn't one of them. Let him get himself sorted out at Shield level first before putting the 'next Warnie' tag on him. Keeping him at WA has the added bonus of keeping Beer in grade where he belongs.

Ahmed looks like the best wristy we've had in the Shield since Magilla. Only seen a bit on the stream, but looks tidy and has taken a bag of wickets. Could be a big shot of getting a game in the home Ashes tests.

Zampa - see Agar. Immense prospect but needs some nurturing. Green wickets have meant he hasn't seen as much time in the Shield as he'll need to progress. O'Keefe obviously deserves to play so we need to work a way of getting him in even though NSW has great seam depth too. A conundrum.

Maxwell - I don't think he should have played a test so early, but I don't get the hate either. Very handy s/r and good numbers for a guy who is really a 5th bowling option. Needs to get a bit more consistency with the bat, but 1 ton and 8 50s in 26 first class innings indicates potential to be a handy no.6 and 5th bowler.
your damn right i could go a wristy right now

btw a mate of mine uploaded a photo on instagram of himself with jackson bird and SOK out somewhere last night, the main point of the photo, SOK hammering down a winfield blue, possible reason as to why he keeps getting overlooked