• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Thread 2012/13

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
NSW successfully ****block SA from making the OD and shield finals.which in my book, means it's been a successful season

adub

International Captain
NSW successfully ****block SA from making the OD and shield finals.which in my book, means it's been a successful season
Apart from that embarrassment in Adelaide a few weeks ago. Would now be happily planning my day at the final if the top order could have imitated batsmen in that game.

Top_Cat

On the plus side, Sayers number 1 and Mennie at 3 (3rd for SAś batting too.....).

The close games SA won were only close because of those two. The batting has been abysmal this year. Even during the darkest parts of last 10 or so years, I dont think there has been a season with only 3 tons scored for SA has there?

Last edited:

Spikey

I think he's good.
you on the selection panel ****? you've not played him in the last 5-6 shield games as injury and **** piled up. it would just seem to weird to keep on a 30yo batting all-rounder who averages 29 who you've dumped for the 2nd half of the season

Spikey

boof's already smug enough. we don't need him saving the career of one of his favourites

morgieb

On the plus side, Sayers number 1 and Mennie at 3 (3rd for SAś batting too.....).

The close games SA won were only close because of those two. The batting has been abysmal this year. Even during the darkest parts of last 10 or so years, I dont think there has been a season with only 3 tons scored for SA has there?
Add MiniGolf who was gun in limited opportunities and SA has a decent attack at least. Which is a nice surprise.

adub

International Captain
Add MiniGolf who was gun in limited opportunities and SA has a decent attack at least. Which is a nice surprise.
They've done well with the ball, but then who the **** hasn't? Hard to give too much credit to the bowlers when the batting is as dire as it has been. Yeah you can make arguments about the batting only being as good as it's been allowed to be, but I'm not buying it much.