• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Thread 2012/13

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Victoria batting so long and getting so close to, but not getting first innings points, is great for NSW. now we need the rain to come to further dent the chances of an outright win

(oh and for NSW to not be all out for 78, which you know......)

adub

International Captain
Go Tassie. Had me worried there for a bit. Now just need Vic to hang on for the draw and the Blues to get the 90 they need (not a given).

Spikey

What does Tasmania picking up first-innings points mean for us?
oh hey didn't see this

It's great for NSW because WA-QLD is surely getting an outright result. That basically means NSW needs no outright result for either team in the TAS-VIC game, further more, NSW needed Vic. to not get first innings points (or have the match end in a tie) because that would have pushed VIC 7 points clear of NSW, a gap NSW can not bridge. NSW are now rooting for the game to end in a draw

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah we were absolutely ****ed if Victoria got FIP; now we're just probably ****ed.

Both sides scoring 350+ with Tasmania having a small lead is pretty much the exact script we would've written for ourselves though.

adub

International Captain
Yeah we were absolutely ****ed if Victoria got FIP; now we're just probably ****ed.

Both sides scoring 350+ with Tasmania having a small lead is pretty much the exact script we would've written for ourselves though.
That plus the predicted showers knocking a few more hours off play.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like we can write the script for another day lost to rain in Perth. Qld look like absolute shot ducks. A WACA final looking a good bet atm.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I must say though I was disappointed Tasmania declared before Gulbis had a chance to get yet another First Class duck against Victoria.

adub

International Captain
How many more chances does Scott Henry get before we send him to play for SA?

Of course he can take plenty of mates with him. It's sad to see the Shield so completely denuded of batting talent.

morgieb

That plus the predicted showers knocking a few more hours off play.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like we can write the script for another day lost to rain in Perth. Qld look like absolute shot ducks. A WACA final looking a good bet atm.
Still a decent shot of finishing 2nd though - looks like Tassie/Victoria has a good chance of being a draw, and WA should beat Queensland as well as us beating SA.

adub

International Captain
Still a decent shot of finishing 2nd though - looks like Tassie/Victoria has a good chance of being a draw, and WA should beat Queensland as well as us beating SA.
Tassie might still make a very sporting declaration to try and manufacture a result, so I'm still praying for rain.

morgieb

Tassie might still make a very sporting declaration to try and manufacture a result, so I'm still praying for rain.
Yeah that's a worry, though apparently the match is delayed so that's good.

And there's supposed to be rain for the rest of the day. Will make Day 4 interesting.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Of course he can take plenty of mates with him. It's sad to see the Shield so completely denuded of batting talent.
Henry's got plenty of fans in Victoria; I reckon he'd go there before SA.

Spikey

Seems like people higher up like him (an AIS scholarship holder) so he's probably got at least next season. besides which it'd be cruel to drop him before Dawson

If the final is at the WACA, the game will be almost exactly competing with the last test match, which also starts on the 22nd, at 3pm EST.

Hopefully Wade is fit btw so we can get Rad back.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hopefully Wade is fit btw so we can get Rad back.
I just hope the selectors don't end up giving Wade up until the last minute to play and then play him. No qualms about missing Haddin if he's playing a Test but if he's carrying drinks it'd be a bit annoying.

adub

International Captain
Seems like people higher up like him (an AIS scholarship holder) so he's probably got at least next season. besides which it'd be cruel to drop him before Dawson.
Dawson is definitely one of the 'mates' I was saying he could take with him. I'd open with Copes before both of em.

Spikey

The thought of

Scott Henry
David Dawson
Daniel Hughes

and

Liam Davis
Marcus Harris
John Rogers

being the respective top threes in a shield final frightens me