• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Thread 2012/13

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
NSW playing 5 bowlers when none of them can bat restores order though.
Zampa, Tremain and Copeland can all bat tbh.

Not the balance I would've picked obviously but I'm not as outraged by it as I usually am when we pick five bowlers even though we have Henriques and/or Smith batting in the top six. Maybe I'm just getting used to it.

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Zampa, Tremain and Copeland can all bat tbh.

Not the balance I would've picked obviously but I'm not as outraged by it as I usually am when we pick five bowlers even though we have Henriques and/or Smith batting in the top six. Maybe I'm just getting used to it.
Yeah, but they aren't exactly number 7 quality. I mean, normally we have SoK sitting comfortably at 8.

Ruckus

International Captain
It's interesting to see Ponting have continued success in shield. Do people reckon it's down to any technical deficiencies not being exploited by the level of bowling in shield cricket or more to with him not being under any pressure? Cause it does seem a little strange he can have such monumental success in shield and at the same time equally monumental failure in tests....

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
It's interesting to see Ponting have continued success in shield. Do people reckon it's down to any technical deficiencies not being exploited by the level of bowling in shield cricket or more to with him not being under any pressure? Cause it does seem a little strange he can have such monumental success in shield and at the same time equally monumental failure in tests....
Probably a combination of a few factors
1. Quality of bowling
2. Pressure (from both within and the media)
3. Luck (seemed like every mistake he made in the Test series resulted in dismissal. Others might've played and missed but he edged it and it went to hand. Today, early in his innings, he played a french cut - in the SA series, that would've gone back onto his stumps while today it went for four!)