Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 105 of 187 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2794
Like Tree858Likes

Thread: It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

International Vice-Captain theegyptian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by harsh.ag View Post
    Prior is known as a **** though. But then again, if Kohli doesn't like you, you must be doing something right.
    By the opposition. I don't think there are many inside the england camp or outside in the English press who disliked him.

It's the same with Kohli or Warner. Disliked by opposition and fans but generally these players are loved in their own dressing room.

KP possibly craved the same kind of adulation within the England dressing room but never really go it- possibly because the players thought he was more pre occupied with himself rather than the team.

Quote Originally Posted by harsh.ag View Post
    Prior is known as a **** though. But then again, if Kohli doesn't like you, you must be doing something right.
    Is he? Until this all blew up I had no idea, genuinely. I know Vic said something but it really wasn't common knowledge. He did seem popular in the team amongst almost everyone.

'keepers are generally a bit mouthy though.....
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Elm, he do brood. And Oak, he do hate. But the Willow-man goes walking, If you stays out late.
    Have never particularly liked him or disliked him myself. Well, not since he actually became a decent player anyway. Disliked him because he was rubbish and had nothing else to recommend him early on.

FBU
    Prior changed once he was made vice-captain. The way I saw it was that he controlled Cook whereas KP liked to do that.

KP wanting to come back.
    Kevin Pietersen claims he loves Surrey and will not rule out a return to county cricket* | Daily Mail Online

lockie ferguson should get a side gig with brazzers
    Martin Crowe put the boot in.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Pinball Champion!
    Yeah I enjoyed Crowe's piece.. It really is a sad state of affairs, two wrongs definitely not making a right. Everything has been discussed to death, but three points come to mind.

1- Taking the spotlight away from KP slightly regarding England's fortunes, has one player (Mitchell Johnson), ever had more of an impact on the direction an opposing nation's cricket team has taken? Bradman and Tendulkar have obviously shaped their respective nation's fortunes for good, but has anyone decimated half an opposing team's careers on their own before? Okay they were a force on the wane anyway, but the destruction from early this year was clinical, and has made for box office viewing. KP's book has only dug deeper into the wounds opened by Johnson.

2 - Not many people have mentioned that more than one team KP has played for has resulted in an acrimonious end. The arguments for and against have been far too England-centric, but since Natal we have all known him to be a sensitive and abrasive character. Not much mention of Jasion Gallian and Nottinghamshire. I don't think Surrey are too happy with their investment in the "reintegration of KP" bearing minimal returns.

3 - Giles Clarke and the ECB are a bunch of tossers

3b - A little known fact is that KP comes back to SA regularly and drives around in a sponsored car with his name on the side. The PR machine never slows down, even when on holiday.
    Last edited by Langeveldt; 14-10-2014 at 11:50 AM.
    FBU, Prince EWS and jcas0167 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

I wasn't expecting to like Crowe's article as I generally feel that Crowe has no knowledge of the details of the situation, but he made some pretty good points.

Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt View Post
    1- Taking the spotlight away from KP slightly regarding England's fortunes, has one player (Mitchell Johnson), ever had more of an impact on the direction an opposing nation's cricket team has taken? Bradman and Tendulkar have obviously shaped their respective nation's fortunes for good, but has anyone decimated half an opposing team's careers on their own before? Okay they were a force on the wane anyway, but the destruction from early this year was clinical, and has made for box office viewing. KP's book has only dug deeper into the wounds opened by Johnson.
    Haha, this is such an excellent point.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

International Captain indiaholic's Avatar
    So I found this: https://twitter.com/fwildecricket/st...182848/photo/1

Pretty good stuff. Thought this described Ponting's batting against all bowling.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend _Ed_'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    I wasn't expecting to like Crowe's article as I generally feel that Crowe has no knowledge of the details of the situation, but he made some pretty good points.
    Yeah, he did. I liked the article too. There's one thing I would say, though:

"Okay, so the leadership stint didn't work. Did he show the maturity to accept it and move on for the sake of his team, his country of choice? Or did he become judgemental of everything around him and, in doing so, lose the ability to move on from the sabotaging self he was?"

I think he could possibly have put a Ross Taylor comparison in here.

Evil Scotsman
    I actually wonder how much the England dressing room missed Paul Collingwood.

It's something that just came to me when I was searching for an image to reply with in the AB de Villiers thread; he doesn't get much of a mention in KP's autobiography save for KP describing him as "my best ever batting partner" and a brief mention when KP discusses the circumstances that led to him getting the captaincy.

Not altogether surprising seeing as the book is a massive whinge on KP's part, but it's intriguing. The results etc also really seemed to go to **** once Collingwood retired - I know people will point out the India home series came post Colly, but come on, that was hardly a stern test.

Obviously having Colly of prior to 2010 (excluding 08) would have helped with all the collapses we suffered from early 2012 onwards.

Not sure beyond that. Suppose he does seem like the type who could help keep a dressing room unified.

Not sure I'll ever know how England managed to fight back from 1-0 down in India to win amid the chaos around that time.
    RIP Philip Hughes - 1988-2014

The Wheel of Mediocrity | Compton, Root, Carberry, Robson, Trott, Lyth, Moeen, Hales, Duckett, Hameed, Jennings, Stoneman, Denly, Roy | The wheel is forever

Founder and Grand Wizard of the CW Football Thread Statluminati.

Evil Scotsman
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    Obviously having Colly of prior to 2010 (excluding 08) would have helped with all the collapses we suffered from early 2012 onwards.

Not sure beyond that. Suppose he does seem like the type who could help keep a dressing room unified.
    Yeah I'm not considering Collingwood's on field ability at all when posting that. It's just that considering KP's version of events (and I appreciate that a large dosage of salt is required), the dressing room didn't really start to go downhill until after Collingwood retired. Most of KP's gripes between losing the captaincy and Collingwood's retirement seem to be centred on Andy Flower being a wanker and Flower/upper management not understanding what makes KP tick and not making some minor concessions that would've helped get a bit more out of KP (not letting him go home for a couple of days when in the Caribbean, announcing his absence from the Pakistan ODI series as a dropping rather than as a resting etc). The fact England were winning also seems to have kept the dressing room somewhat united; once a few defeats started occuring in 2012 is where the cracks started to appear.

Plus, Collingwood seems to me to be the type who wouldn't stand for much of the divisive ****, was probably liked and respected by most people in the dressing room and would've used that position to keep some sort of order. Consider the more senior players left once Collingwood went; Bell's supposedly quite passive in the dressing room (allegedly part of the reason why Flower ignored Pietersen's suggestion to make Bell, not Prior VC), Pietersen's a bit self obsessed and aloof and Cook isn't particularly assertive, hence there wasn't really someone to stand up to the "bowling clique" that formed.

As for Cabinet's point about India, I think the dressing room would probably have been ok on that tour because everyone involved would have made the effort.
    Last edited by Furball; 18-01-2015 at 04:33 PM.

Always thought it would have been interested to see what would have happened if Collingwood had become captain instead of KP. Never really clear on what happened there, was he offered the test captaincy and turned it down and so gave away the ODI captaincy as well?

Thread Information