• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Pakistan

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well the good news is that the row has been resolved & the next 4 ODI's WILL be shown live.

I hope the next 4 are as exciting as the 1st ODI.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Interesting that NZ have dropped Mason, Walmsley & Walker..I thought they should have retained Walker maybe or even 1 of Mason or Walmsley.

Today's 11 is:

Cumming
Jones
Sinclair
Marshall
Cairns
Oram
McCullum
Canning
Vettori
Tuffey
Hitchcock

The bowling attack looks a little more experienced now & I think Canning & Walker have the same ability with the bat..so if anything, this team is maybe stronger than the 1st ODI team.

It'll be interesting to see how Canning plays, considering he was close to being selected 2 years ago for the VB Series.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
The pitch in Lahore looks great for batting on...we could see another 250+ game.

amits

Banned
what does razzaq eat ?

End of over 50 (15 runs) Pakistan 281/6 (RR: 5.62)
PA Hitchcock 9-0-54-1 (1w) - Pavilion End
Moin Khan 1* (1b) Abdul Razzaq 42* (16b 4x4 2x6)

49.6 Hitchcock to Abdul Razzaq, FOUR, fuller ball, powerfully drive just
missed the Moin Khan at non striking End and ball raced away to
long on boundary for four
49.5 Hitchcock to Abdul Razzaq, two runs, full toss, on off, sliced it
to behind point for couple of runs
49.4 Hitchcock to Abdul Razzaq, two runs, fuller ball, driven to long on
and Moin back for the 2nd run
49.3 Hitchcock to Abdul Razzaq, SIX, slower ball, Razzaq saw it early
and nicely put away over deep mid wicket fence for a SIX!
49.2 Hitchcock to Moin Khan, one run, fuller ball, digs it out to long
off and run a single
49.1 Hitchcock to Saleem Elahi, OUT: Gone! fuller ball, outside off,
drives it uppishly straight in the hands of Vettori at extra
cover, a good innings comes to an end

Pakistan 266/6, Partnership of 45
Saleem Elahi c Vettori b Hitchcock 70 (69b 6x4 0x6)
Abdul Razzaq 28* (12b 3x4 1x6) PA Hitchcock 8.1-0-39-1 (1w)

Moin walks in

End of over 49 (15 runs) Pakistan 266/5 (RR: 5.43)
DR Tuffey 10-1-62-1 - College End
Saleem Elahi 70* (68b 6x4) Abdul Razzaq 28* (12b 3x4 1x6)

48.6 Tuffey to Abdul Razzaq, SIX, SIX! overpitched ball, beautifully
driven with excellent timing over long on for a big SIX
48.5 Tuffey to Saleem Elahi, one run, on legs, driven to deep square leg
48.4 Tuffey to Abdul Razzaq, one run, again fuller ball, driven to long
on
48.3 Tuffey to Abdul Razzaq, two runs, drivne down the ground to long
on, poor throw and batsmen back for 2nd runs
48.2 Tuffey to Abdul Razzaq, FOUR, full toss, on legstump, lofted it
over mid wicket for four
48.1 Tuffey to Saleem Elahi, one run, fuller ball, went away from the
stumps and driven to deep cover

====

Abdul Razzaq (RHB) 42 16 4 2 262.50

42 not out of 16 balls

:O :wow: :O :wow: :O

WOW !!!

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
NZ probably let Pakistan score about 15 or 20 runs more than they should have...Tuffey bowled a couple of full-tosses, but apart from that NZ bowled reasonably well & Razzaq was just in good form to hit them for boundaries.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
It looks like Razzaq is the chosen one to be the thorn in NZ's side during this series.

I wouldn't rule out NZ winning this match just yet...the pitch is flat, the boundaries are small & if Cairns can do a repeat like Razzaq then this could be another beauty.

Rich2001

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Prophetic words!
LOL Marc, not a bad guess.

Maybe AR just has a bet or somthing with his mates that he can score the quickest 50!

What's the chances of him being promoted up the order now and get them off to a flyer instead.

Good Luck NZ :)

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't want to put a hex on them, but the difference between Cumming/Jones & Nevin/Fleming is huge.

12/0 after the 1st over. Shabbir's first ball was an absolute shocker too.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
After the Edwards incident, they're bound to spend the next 10 overs scoring 2 runs per over before getting out to successive deliveries. :P

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
You could well be right Liam...since the 1st over only 3 runs have been added in another 3 overs.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Shabbir & Sami are starting to bowl really well..this is where the in-experience could really tell on the NZ players.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well Cumming is out, he didn't really look too sure of himself today, I guess at least he lasted 7 overs..its important that NZ don't expose Cairns or Oram too quickly.

Mohammad Sami with 4 wickets in one over! Now that's special!

Finished up with 5 for 10!! 4 of his victims bowled. His radar was switched on today. :wow:

Last edited:

anzac

International Debutant
ouch......normal (or at least expeced) service resumed for match 2, as it seems the Pakistan team has stepped up a notch & any complacency has been discarded after game 1.

The Pakistan top order once again laid a solid foundation, with a good number scoring 50s, until once again Razzaq let rip in te last 10 overs to push the score well past 250 & give the bowlers some room to play with. Not that they needed it as it turned out with Sami producing a devastating spell to claim 5 for 2 & end the innings in the 39th over!!! What is it about Pakistani fast bowlers & swinging yorkers, & they certainly appear to like dining in on Kiwis!!!!!!!

Nice to see Jones get a 50 after the first game, but I still thibk his rate is too slow for him to be considered in the full ODI squad when the team returns to NZ.

I didn't expect to see such a number of changes to the bowling attack, which didn't fare any better than those players they replaced.

Apart from that there is not much to say about the NZ effort other than it was basically what was expected from this team under the circumstances.

:(

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
That was a sensational spell of bowling from Sami, NZ had no chance.
I recall a similar thing happened last time NZ were there when Shoaib took like 5 for 10 or something.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Mathew Sinclair to me still looks all at sea. His dismissal was extremely soft..basically no feet movement at all & ended up playing onto his stumps.

He just won't have a chance of pushing Styris, McMillan etc out of the team if he continues to do this.