• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* VB Series - Australia, India & Zimbabwe

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
That's cheating!
The newspaper usually ges a lot of quotes from Ganguly which usually matches the Indian squad. Didnt happen today as Bangar and Balaji have made the squad instead of Nehra and Badani.

Interesting to see Brett Lee dropped/rested which was expected after the amount of bowling he did.

For the funny part, Dean Jones has been the latest addition to the ESPN Star team. He is dressed like a professor all in a black coat and a black hat telling about the strenghts n weaknesses of the teams. He said India had 58% chance of winning while Australia had 42% chance of winning. :lol:

NikhilN

International Regular
Australia won the toss and will bat first on this wonderful day

Australia team:
+AC Gilchrist, ML Hayden, *RT Ponting, DR Martyn, MG Bevan,
A Symonds, MJ Clarke, IJ Harvey, JN Gillespie, AJ Bichel,
BA Williams.

India team:
V Sehwag, SR Tendulkar, *SC Ganguly, VVS Laxman, +R Dravid,
Yuvraj Singh, SB Bangar, AB Agarkar, IK Pathan, A Kumble,
L Balaji.

NikhilN

International Regular
OUT! lifted effortlessly off his legs too effortlessly as it carries to the man at deep backward square leg who takes a good falling catch
Gilchrist gone of agarker and ponting comes in and australia are 59/1

krkode

State Captain
Neat stuff. Although from the commentary it sounds more like aggressive mistakes from the Aussies and good catches from the Indians rather than Agarkar's bowling prowess.

Still a good thing :P

rajat

School Boy/Girl Captain
I hope the australians throw their wickets like this, because India are playing against 12 players, the most dangerous being Steve Bucknor

:lol: :lol: :lol:

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
what do you have against steve bucknor

absolute schocker by Martyn now Symonds is playing and missing - about 5 times in his first 8 balls...

Good feilding from Yuvraj apart from that catch as well

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I hope the australians throw their wickets like this
The Aussies are scoring at a very wuick rate and I dont see the Indians stopping that. Kumble may go for 40-45 but India would still concede 260 runs atleast, maybe even 280.

Most Indian batsmen must be tired as have been the Aussie batsmen who played in the test series. I dont see India winning this one :(

rajat

School Boy/Girl Captain
age_master said:
what do you have against steve bucknor

absolute schocker by Martyn now Symonds is playing and missing - about 5 times in his first 8 balls...

Good feilding from Yuvraj apart from that catch as well
Ya that's the point;

I cant understand what do Steve Bucknor has against India.

Prayutush, the game has just started, and having lost 3 wickets at the start, its a great possibility that australia wont run away with the game by there batting.

If australians hadnt thrown their wickets at the start,They would have gone well over 300 runs, now atleast they will have it arnd 280

No 250, ponting gone.:lol:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Ganguly is such a poor example in the field..he's probably one of the worst ground fielders in the game.

krkode

State Captain
Tim said:
Ganguly is such a poor example in the field..he's probably one of the worst ground fielders in the game.
Too bad, eh?

I too wish he was perfect.:rolleyes:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well...fielding can be fixed, these are just basic ground fielding errors.

krkode

State Captain
*blblblblblbl* :D

Yeah, I'll admit. Ganguly's weak in the field. He makes up for it, though.

My real worry right now is that it seems Balaji and Pathan are bowling like they have no clue what's going on! :O

rajat

School Boy/Girl Captain
India Really needs to get rid of Symonds.

Though he is in my fantasy team:lol: :(

All the players who have got out were in my fantasy cricket team(except martyn) and the players who r playing at the moment symonds and clarke are in my team as well.

So i am in a state of utter confusion of what to pray to god.

:( :( :(

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Possibly..but when the bowlers see the Captain making such basic mistakes in the field, it can really hit them hard & that could alone add 15 or so runs because the bowlers lose confidence.

But Ganguly shouldn't just accept that his fielding is poor, it can be improved & no doubt John Wright will be working hard on it because he stresses the importance of fielding.