• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* VB Series - Australia, India & Zimbabwe

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Do any of you know where I could find a list of the past winners of the Wisden Cricketer of the Year?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Neil Pickup said:
And I'm now stuck as everyone else I can think of has won it already..
Flintoff would be a very strong contender - a very good spell over the timeframe for the award!

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
im VERY suprised that Nathan Astle and Stephen fleming havnt been wisdons cricketer of the year...astle did great against the english.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
furious_ged said:
By the way, for Mister Wright, Watson has bowled another 5 overs this morning, taking 0/8 with 2 maidens. His last bowl was yesterday. Not 3 days ago.
I was only quoting what was in The Courier Mail, so it isn't like I said it was true. And BTW he only bowled 11 overs for the match 5 in one spell, 6 in the other. That to me says that he only is bowling spells of no more than 6, and I doubt you will see him bowl in the next three days.

This talk of Watson coming into the Australian team ahead of Harvey this season is ridiculous, he is nowhere near match fit to play as an all-rounder, next season maybe.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
age_master said:

Brett Lee – Locomotion by Kylie Minogue
Breet Lee had "Another One Bites The Dust" by Queen at the 'Gabba. I guess he changed it because he thought it reminded him of his career. :lol:

deeps

International 12th Man
Jono said:
Do any of you know where I could find a list of the past winners of the Wisden Cricketer of the Year?
look at 2001......MW Alleyne, MP Bicknell?!?! who is alleyne!?

Yeah another bad one for Marto, but Lawry put it perfectly: "When you're out of luck, you're out of luck". How Hayden got away with a massive top edge and Marto was caught like that I'll never know. It was there to be put away and he hit it out of the middle, but Ebrahim's second effort was superhuman.

They did have it up. They had it up before the match started. Look on the right hand side of any Cricinfo site it will have a list of all matches being played that they are covering.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Zimbabwe come close again but it wasn't good enough. They need more runs in the first 15 because they are putting much too much pressure on the middle and lower order in the last 10 - 15 overs.

I liked the post match interview by Ian Healy.

Ian Healy: Did you blow it?
Grant Flower: Blow what?
Ian Healy: A hundred.
Grant Flower: Yeah I guess I did.