Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Illegal Streamers: Giles Clarke is Watching YOU!

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar

Illegal Streamers: Giles Clarke is Watching YOU!

England news: Giles Clarke warns against internet piracy | England Cricket News | ESPN Cricinfo

Latest rumours circulating are that cricsim will have a 24 hour blackout in protest at Clarke's attitude.
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Wondering when was the last time he paid to see a game of cricket
    Every 5 years we have an election and have to decide who are the least obnoxious out of all the men. Then one gets in and they age really quickly. Which is always fun to watch.

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    What a crock of ****.

That is the biggest danger to cricket, because they take money out of the game without commercial benefit to us.
    lndeed. Poor you. More people watching the sport than ever before is clearly a disaster unless it somehow lines your pockets.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    It's very telling he considers this is a greater threat than the many uncertainties surrounding the game today.

It also goes against all this talk of expanding the game. If you want to make yourr sport truly global, it has to be accessible. Many people can't afford a subscription to a pay TV channel or travel and ticket costs to test match venues.

Australia know the future, and streaming their domestic cricket online is a great start.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

idiot. Need subscription service like motogp and nba
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    eat a cock giles
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Remarkable that things like match fixing wouldn't register higher on his list of concerns.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Illegal Streamers

Now I feel bad about streaming. Essentially, I'm stealing tens of dollars from those multimillionaires. You know what, **** it, I should just be thrown in jail. That's not even far enough, I should have an even harsher punishment than the Pakistani trio.
    Last edited by Doctor; 27-01-2012 at 07:03 PM.
    Just... beautiful

International Debutant ganeshran's Avatar
    All of India's series are broadcast free on the internet. Best way to avoid piracy IMO.
    Get well soon Yuvi!!

International Coach
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Tv subscription costs **** all in India anyways

Being in the US now, I actually just had another look at Willow Cricket. I'd seen them around before and thought their prices were expensive, because I saw the price tag of $30 on various events and thought that was the price for the event. But I finally had a closer look and found out that $30 got you the entire Big Bash League, India's tour of Australia, Zimbabwe's tour of New Zealand, the ODI tri series, and even more. I kicked myself for not having bought that way back when they even showed New Zealand in Zimbabwe, and figured that $30 is a great deal even though I've missed half of what it originally included.

More broadcasters should do this, in my opinion. I don't pay for subscription TV because the stuff I would mostly watch is on premium channels, which on top of a base package, would end up costing me like $120 a month. To hell with that.
    Boult to Mathews, OUT, Caught at second slip! It was a length ball going across Angelo, who tried to hit it hard towards the leg side and got an outside edge that flew fast towards Guptill, who took a reflex catch in front of his face

It's a particularly stupid rant from Clarke because the majority of stream watchers do it in circumstances when they can't actually watch the cricket they're choosing to in their country at all. They don't do it to avoid getting Pay TV.

Furthermore, given the poor quality, reliability, accessibility etc of streams, I highly doubt many people who could afford Pay TV who were considering getting it for cricket purposes would think "nah, I'll just stream it online". I don't think the idea of these streams taking money out of the game that would actually manifest itself if these streams didn't exist is in any way based in reality.
    Last edited by Prince EWS; 27-01-2012 at 10:20 PM.
    ~ Cribbertarian ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    Wondering when was the last time he paid to see a game of cricket
    Sometimes I wonder whether he actually watches cricket at all. The bloke is an unabashed **** with no real love for the game IMO.

International Debutant ganeshran's Avatar
    Willow engages in all kinds of dirty tactics to arm twist customers into buying their packages. They subpoena IPs of users accessing streams and sends a legal notice which asks them to either pay for a $14 a month service or face legal action. Most users pay up to avoid the hassle

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information