• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in New Zealand 2012

Flem274*

123/5
Guptill to be infinitely gunner now that Nicol isn't at the other end making him feel like ****.
Interesting psychological analysis there.

You reckon Guptill bats at the same level as the opener at the other end?

Would Bradman's corpse still bat better than our openers?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Interesting psychological analysis there.

You reckon Guptill bats at the same level as the opener at the other end?

Would Bradman's corpse still bat better than our openers?
Yeah definitely reckon Guptill plays better with better guys at the other end.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Let them play 20/20 and tests only. Nothing wrong with letting them earn some cash.

**** ODIs though, honestly. Hobart really brought home to me how much more a test win means compared to some ODI series.
I used to love ODIs and when T20s came along I advocated still keeping ODIs partly as a bridge between the formats.

Opinion is changing though - **** having a bridge. If T20 and tests are almost like two different sports then that's fine by me. It might even help with players' mindsets because they're just so different, whereas ODIs are a shade of grey. Plus I'm confident the test format can stand on its own two feet and the test world is more interesting now than it's been for ages.

Flem274*

123/5
one of the radio commentators said:
Dale Steyn is only registering in the mid 130s, which is strange, so the radar must not be working correctly.
Lol. Last test they made a habit of "wow, played and missed, quick ball!" from Philander/Martin etc only for it to register at 133kph. "Wow, geez, I think that ball was quicker than the radar suggests."

FFS you ****s, good bowling =/= the ball being fast.

Just then from Waddle; "132ks from Philander, but that was a good ball and I'm sure it was quicker than that."

For goodness sake..

Slow it down and take 5/15 Philander. Do it for the ever under appreciated fast medium bowlers.

Athlai

Not Terrible
No more Nicol watch

Nicol + Guptill for the first wicket 35 runs from 4 innings
Flynn + Guptill circa 2012 16* runs from 1 innings

Flem274*

123/5
Morkel is the bowler to get Flynn with imo. Watching a few of his hundreds he's still much more comfortable with away movement than in movement, and bouncier bowlers, when they pitched it up, did give him a few issues.

Morkel to pitch it up and move it into him. Push Flynn well back and let him camp on the preffered back foot, then go for the really full one.

But SA, please bowl really short to him. Short and wide.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Lol. Last test they made a habit of "wow, played and missed, quick ball!" from Philander/Martin etc only for it to register at 133kph. "Wow, geez, I think that ball was quicker than the radar suggests."
Waddle in particular is OBSESSED with pace.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Cricinfo called that a dropped chance. Utter tripe.

In the whole history of cricket no one would have ever taken that. More likely to kill Duminy than ending in Flynn getting out.

Last edited: