• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dean Brownlie: test cricketer or child game show star?

ajdude

International Coach
Tonight I remembered this game show that used to be on in the 90s in Australia, The Main Event, hosted by Larry Emdur. I stumbled across these two videos:

The Main Event - Seven 1991 (Part One) - YouTube

The Main Event - Seven 1991 (Part Two) - YouTube

Couple of things of note:
  • "Over in Perth meanwhile, in the suburb of Edgewater outside the Brownlie home..." 0:45 in the first video, Dean was raised in Edgewater in Perth.
  • A good closeup of the family is at 6:00 in the first video; is the kid at the bottom left a 7 or 8 year old Dean?
  • If the family didn't lose, we may have heard Emdur say their names, as he did with the other family.
  • Due to their loss, they didn't win the car; could this vehicle have assisted in getting Dean to cricket training more often? Could The Main Event have signaled the end of Dean's baggy green aspirations?

My lord.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Would have been certain of it if he had shouldered his arms to that Melbourne Cup question. Don't need to play at those.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
Dean Brownlie’s life was destroyed by a bunch of esoteric questions surrounding Who Framed Roger Rabbit ... you learn something new every day.

I like how Bruce Reid’s sole contribution was to park a car up a drive. Undoubtedly a good use of his time.

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
why isn't this sticked.

ajdude needs to download the videos and upload them onto multiple platforms in case it ever gets taken down