• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ING Cup

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
furious_ged said:
Yeah Rik, just because we can breed batsmen here whose batting far outweighs their bowling, doesn't make their bowling crap
No, but just because they are Australian does not mean they are automatically better than all English Speciallist Spinners...

(or English)

A typically arrogant comment that you just couldn't resist to put in, but which kills your arguement and makes your reply look like a typically baseless Australian Terrace reply.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rik said:
No, but just because they are Australian does not mean they are automatically better than all English Speciallist Spinners...
Rik, when will you learn that God favours the Aussies and they are just more talented... period. :P

(Note: the above comment is in now way suggesting Australian arrogance. :))

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
furious_ged said:
you English are right
You English? You what?

Next time just call me a pom, it makes me sound less like a criminal minority...

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
deeps said:
haha,clarke and lehmann are heaps better spin bowlers than giles!!! steve waugh was a damn good bowler in his younger days! and the part bout mcgrath being picked as a batsman in the england team... IT WAS A JOKE!!! a lil 'jab' at the english supporters!

Q: What would Glenn Mcgrath be if he was English?

A: An all-rounder!

no more said
HAHAHAHA :rolleyes:

The only thing you said that was remotely funny was the 1st sentance.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Hussey and Goodwin both feilded and batted brilliantly (again). Andy flower also found a little form good match to watch :)

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
ouch. not 100% on this one, but I looked up the net and found that Mark Higgs was playing in the Cricket Australia Cup, the SA 2nd XI. Im guessing he has been dropped, which was predictable, but in a way is big news. Can anyone confirm this?

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't think he has been dropped, S.A. aren't playing any domestic cricket this week, so he may be playin there to find form, I know Cosgrove is playing in that match too. I guess we'll find out when the next S.A. team is named.

Mr. P

Victoria and Queensland play today in a tough ING Cup match.

Who will in? For mine, Queensland...

Well picked, age_master. Cameron White is doing very well as captain.

Any QLD fans, I know they were missing 7 of their usual players, but the scoreboard doesn't care about that :P

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Victorian Batsmen, particularly Hodge and Elliot are doing very well at the moment making his job alot easier

NSW v SA today.. Can't go past NSW for mine, they're just too good. Bolstered with the return of Michael Clarke to their OD side, I can't see a SA victory at all.

SA have started well in the Pura cup, but too often we've seen performances in one version of the game don't necessarily reflect the other. Last years ING cup netted them only 1 win I think, and even with the danger of John Davison hitting out I think he will be cancelled before he does any damage.

Mr. P

Not the best of predictors are you mate?:P

Everything you said happened exactly the opposite way.:rolleyes:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Mr. Ponting said:
Not the best of predictors are you mate?:P

Everything you said happened exactly the opposite way.:rolleyes:
I love it when that happens, especially to NSW/Surrey/India/Australia :)

MJ Clarke c Blewett b Rofe 3 (16b, 25m)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Neil Pickup said:
I love it when that happens, especially to NSW/Surrey/India/Australia :)
You missed the All Blacks off the list Neil (since they've been conspicuous by their absense from the RWC since last Saturday in the game that Australia had no chance in!)

Linda

Speaking of NSW, whats going on? I dont reckon they can justify playing a match like that when they have the line up they do.

I know everyone has bad days, and you cant win all the time, but with all that experience and skill, losing and conceeding a bonus point is pretty bad...

Yeah I'll admit that was a crap prediction, but at 6/80 it looked dead in the water. That was one of the greenest one day wickets I have ever seen. Once the incompetence of the NSW bowlers let SA get to 245 it was pretty much all over. That was disgraceful.

Clarke still outscored Katich, Pickup! That was a useless shot from Katich, as opposed to Clarke who got out playing in the manner which makes him so great - attacking. His problems lie in taming his own demons.

On another note, Don Nash was particularly entertaining. With Mark Waugh and Don Nash at the crease they still had a chance. Those to sixes over cover were spectacular!