• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Champions League Twenty20 2011

Flem274*

123/5
I think we're much better off ridiculing this tournament than actually discussing it.

I think we should play it on NZ 2002 pitches with no overseas stars /troll

Due to unforseen circumstances regarding the possibility of the IPL sides actually losing a game (that KKR game against Auckland was much too close for the accountants), the IPL sides will be allowed to choose any two players from the opposing side in order to ensure the Indian side wins provide foreign domestic up and comers the opportunity to play against the best.

Flem274*

123/5
I would like Kyle "Jesus" Mills to be given an opportunity to say what he really thinks.

FTR, Kyle Mills has been banned from future tournaments for walking on air. The IPL Board felt this was unfair on the IPL sides. Chennai has been given special dispensation to walk on air, and they will rehearse this in secret later this week.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
One of the SA teams I reckon. I mean Somerset have Jos, Thomas, Trego, Kartik & kieswetter

Howe_zat

Audio File
Would be one of the SA sides, I think. Somerset have a pretty solid lineup when they get their batsmen back, and they've Kartik and Thomas. T&T are a bit more random but they've got previous in this.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Unfortunately I have to support Mumbai :p

Following that my policy is the same as Phlegms

Jayzamann

International Regular
I'll be all up in the Redback's business.

The scalp of an IPL team would make me happy, otherwise idgaf.

SeamUp

International Coach
With regards to the SA sides.

Cobras got to the semis two years ago and our squad was weaker last time round when in India. Plenty of international experience in Gibbs, Duminy, Kemp, Peterson, Langeveldt & Steyn eventhough there is no Kallis and Smith here. Shah & Ontong and the likes are good in the middle order. We have quite a few spinning options as well in Peterson, Duminy, Ontong and young chainman bowler Michael Rippon. Philander and Kleinveldt are decent and can belt the ball out the park down the order.

Warriors reached the final last year and their bolwing attack will do very well over in India wirh Ntini, Parnell, Tsotsobe, Theron, Boje and Botha. Their batting line-up will miss Davey Jacobs but they still will have fine talent in the Smuts borthers plus Prince and Ingram and Boucher for experience.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
With regards to the SA sides.

Cobras got to the semis two years ago and our squad was weaker last time round when in India. Plenty of international experience in Gibbs, Duminy, Kemp, Peterson, Langeveldt & Steyn eventhough there is no Kallis and Smith here. Shah & Ontong and the likes are good in the middle order. We have quite a few spinning options as well in Peterson, Duminy, Onton and young chainamn bowler Michael Rippon. Philander and Langeveldt are decent and can belt the ball out the park down the order.

Warriors reached the final last year and their bolwing attack will do very well over in India wirh Ntini, Parnell, Tsotsobe, Theron, Boje and Botha. Their batting line-up will miss Davey Jacobs but they still will have fine talent in the Smuts borthers plus Prince and Ingram.
Yeah, from that it looks like Cobras have a good outfit, I'd assumed most of those players would be with IPL franchises for some reason.

Warriors' bowling sounds good, but the batting looks a touch suspect. Reckon that could be important.

It's T20 though, so anything can happen really.

SeamUp

International Coach
Kempy with the Party rock anthem is so funny.

Party Rock is in the house tonight, everybody just have a good time, and we gon make you lose yo mind, everybody just have a good time ...

SeamUp

International Coach
Yeah, from that it looks like Cobras have a good outfit, I'd assumed most of those players would be with IPL franchises for some reason.

Warriors' bowling sounds good, but the batting looks a touch suspect. Reckon that could be important.

It's T20 though, so anything can happen really.
I forgot to mention Bouch with his experience of the sub-continent as well for Warriors.

Last edited:

Cruxdude

International Debutant
While the decision to let Mumbai play 5 overseas players sucks. One can kind of see the predicament of the organizers. CLT20 is yet to become a brand like IPL that can pull people to the stadium and Mumbai are the biggest draw cards of the lot. With Sachin and Rohit missing out, a lot of oomph is missing from Mumbai and the only way they can hope to get some interest going is letting them play 5 overseas guys. I am sure it will not work and Mumbai will not win. Gives more excuses for people to hate though.