• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Lord's

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I've no clue what he's going to do when the new ball comes around. On the one hand you'd be stupid not to take it on this pitch but who the hell is going to bowl it?

Spark

Global Moderator
Almost ODI stuff, this. Tap into a gap, jog one.

EDIT: That's a chance, IMO. Agile fielder would've had Bell short.

Last edited:

keeper

U19 Vice-Captain
The last 15 minutes is, quite disgracefully, the first I have seen of this match. it's hard to equate it with the struggle that has gone before tbh.

No excuses for England, if they don't dominate the next 3 sessions then they only have themselves to blame. test of character for India. Wit this Lords pitch they should try to keep things tight and have confidence that they can make a huge score batting second.

Heard about the 'catch' on the radio. Can't believe they use such proven flawed technology in such situations, but sounds like Dravid behaved with his customary class.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmm, get Ishant and Praveen rubbed down ready for the new ball after lunch. Will be interesting once their opening spells are gone though. Bhaji from one end and then Raina from the other?

Stapel

International Regular
How many successive 50s will Bell have if he gets there?
If he makes one today, he comes even with the record holders,including Cook. Cook got their his previous innings and thus missed an opportunity to become the sole leading consecutive 50s scorer, yesterday.

I only know this because it came up during the 3rd Test vs SL.

Stapel

International Regular
Looking like the game will be set up nicely for Sunday :cool:
Hmmmm, I looked it up. As a matter of fact Cook has 6 consecutive 50s (not counting :) ). Bell might get to 6 too, today, but is still counting. However, there are 3 players with 7 consecutive 50s: Weekes, Flower & C'paul. The list with 6 consecutive 50s has the likes of Sobers, Headley, Border, Chappell, Abbas, Dravid, Kallis, MHussey, Youssouf and Sangka. Bradman has 5.