• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India in Australia Thread

garage flower

State Vice-Captain
Rich2001 said:
Lets be fair here, Hayden was batting more than just out of his crease..he was about a meter down the track and the ball was hitting the very top of the stumps/bails - Was a fair enough call for me, ok he should have been out but on what was there you can see why the umpires didn't give it.

However the Langer dismissal was a fantastic bit of LBW umpiring (or a very good guess ;) )
Perhaps a bit of frustration on my part because it would have been quite interesting with both openers out quickly. I do feel though, that Australia have done pretty well with LBW decisions in this series.

TendulkarFan

School Boy/Girl Captain
Excellent test match we just witnessed. Both sides fought hard after being in some tough times. Aussies recovered very well from early Sehwag blows to pull some punches themselves. And just when the game looked like it was going to end on the fourth day, the Indian batters put up some strong resistance led by Dravid. Had Ganguly and Dravid hung around about 1 to 1.5 more sessions, we would have had a "rippa" (as Mark Taylor loves to call it) of a test match.

Congratulations to Aussies for fighting back so strong. For the first time in a long time, I saw them respecting their opponent and playing with a tiny bit of fear in their minds (Hayden-Ponting batting during the first innings.) They were under a ton of pressure and came out tops...all the credit to them.

Now, if India can collect themselves the way Aussies did after the Adelaide test, we can look forward to an absolute rippa :)

Don Ricardo

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
garage flower said:
What do you have to do to get Hayden out LBW?! Obviously a lot more than hitting him in line, on the back leg, with a ball that's hitting middle stump! The fact that he bats out of his crease seems to con umpires into thinking that everything's going over the top.
That fact that the ball hit him outside the line of off is a good start as to why it wasnt out

krkode

State Captain
This is the 2003rd reply in this topic. This post corresponds with the year in which it was posted. The only one of its kind, ever. :wow:

The 2004th post is likely to be made before the year 2004, and I don't think very many threads will touch a number like 2004 again. We'll see, though :P

I'm sad India lost, btw. :(

rajat

School Boy/Girl Captain
It would have been a bit interesting if hayden had been given out to that lbw shout. it could have gone either way.

I think the match would have been a bit more competitive, with ponting under some pressure

Linda

International Vice-Captain
I doubt it rajat.

Anyway Gillespie is back for the Sydney Test. Fan-bloody-tastic. I woudnt have a clue whos going to be dropped, I really dont think any of them deserve it, Bichel neither.

george

Cricket Spectator
australia vs india contest

i thind its going to be a series draw.

herschelle gibbs is the best batsmen next to sachin tendulkar.

What do you guys think of jp duminy?:D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
krkode said:
This is the 2003rd reply in this topic. This post corresponds with the year in which it was posted. The only one of its kind, ever. :wow:
Technically speaking that is wrong as the 2003rd reply in the topic is the 2004th post, so well done to Don Ricardo!!! :P :P :P

Oh, and "Another Game" is bigger.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
masterblaster said:
Very Well said Anil, very well said.

I agree with you in its entirity. But im glad, because finally nobody is overshadowing Rahul Dravid. Its his time, and congratulations and good luck to him. I just hope that Tendulkar performs alongside Rahul and if he does, India will be unstoppable.
Thanks M_B. I am glad too that Dravid is getting his share of the limelight. There was never a guy more deserving of all the accolades.

With Dravid and Laxman in the form of their life, Ganguly proving that he can shake off his fast bowling worries effectively and Sehwag finding his range in Melbourne, if Sachin fires, this Indian batting can put real pressure on any team, even Australia in a series decider and spoil Waugh's farewell party. That was not a personal remark against Waugh who I admire a lot as a player, I just want the Indians to win.

krkode

State Captain
marc71178 said:
Technically speaking that is wrong as the 2003rd reply in the topic is the 2004th post, so well done to Don Ricardo!!! :P :P :P

Oh, and "Another Game" is bigger.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Only replies count. :P

mustang

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
A good test this was, both teams played well, from the Indian side Sehwag played a wonderful innings. Punter and Hayden were excellent thru out. This brings up Punter's 600 runs plus in the series.

Punter avgs 102 for the yr, with over 1500 test runs this yr and 3 double tons!

GS Sobers (WI) 1958 1299 365* 144.33avg

DG Bradman(Aus) 1948 1025 201 113.88avg

IVA Richards (WI) 1976 1 1710 291 90.00avg

:saint:

Last edited:

masterblaster

International Captain
Im up for Murali Kartik in Sydney, anyone else??

Ray Price, Dan Vettori, Paul Adams, Nicky Boje...all these guys have troubled Australia and Dan Vettori considerably troubled Australia on bouncy pitches....

Im very in much for the inclusion of Murali Kartik. He can bat better than Ashish Nehra, he can bowl better than Ashish Nehra, he can field better than Ashish Nehra.

My team for Sydney:

Sehwag
Chopra
Dravid
Tendulkar
Ganguly
Laxman
Patel
Agarkar
Kumble
Kartik
Pathan

thoughts???

Andre

International Regular
masterblaster said:
Im up for Murali Kartik in Sydney, anyone else??

Ray Price, Dan Vettori, Paul Adams, Nicky Boje...all these guys have troubled Australia and Dan Vettori considerably troubled Australia on bouncy pitches....

Im very in much for the inclusion of Murali Kartik. He can bat better than Ashish Nehra, he can bowl better than Ashish Nehra, he can field better than Ashish Nehra.

My team for Sydney:

Sehwag
Chopra
Dravid
Tendulkar
Ganguly
Laxman
Patel
Agarkar
Kumble
Kartik
Pathan

thoughts???
I completely agree with this side, yet I don't think it will be the one that they pick. I just feel the selectors are not courageous enough to go in without Nehra for fear of what he might one day do :rolleyes:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
masterblaster said:
I hope India 'snap out of it' regarding Nehra. He is just terrible...needs to go and get a 'wake up' call.
He seems the type of player who will do something special right when he's about to get dropped and then fall off again.