• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who should be India's first choice spinner?

Who should it be?

• Total voters

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Harbhajan was a failure for a long time, before he had a great series against the Proteas.

He has disappointed big time in the last 2 series. Against the West Indians who, I would rather say aren't a test standard batting side against spin, a bowler of Harbhajan's class should have done much much better. In the last 2 tests in England, he has been appalling to say the least. He has forgotten how to bowl a doosra, even his offies lack variation in pace, bounce and loop nowadays. SJS tells in the other thread that Harbhajan isn't India's best off-spinner nowadays, let alone spinner (I'm not saying that I agree with him, but he's more knowledgeable than me on this subject :) ).

On the other hand, Mishra has been a very good bowler nowadays; but whether he has gained the patience and consistency and control required for the highest level is yet to be seen. Ojha hasn't looked like an attacking bowler, however his control is pretty extraordinary such that he's a very good defensive option in test matches.

It's a strange situation for Indian cricket when we are searching for a world-class spinner (hasn't happened in a long time). However, I'm sure that it's a issue that'll be resolved soon - hopefully within months.

The issue may even look settled after 2 more test matches.(fingers crossed)

Last edited: