• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hayden's 380

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
To do it, he'd need 1110 runs in 11 games - that is very gettable for someone of his class.

Who are WI playing in those next 11 Liam?

iamdavid

International Debutant
He could well have been given out first ball as well , hit him right in front from Blignaut & Venkat took a look at it then said no.

To be honest with the exception of Streak the Zimbabweans are all club standard bowlers & he was way below his best.

Not taking anything away from Hayden though , anyone who bats for more than 10 hours deserves credit & to score at such a rate was phenomenal , not as good as Lara's 375 or Laxman's 281 though.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
marc71178 said:
Or his 153* - the greatest ever.
I assume you are referring to Lara's innings.

If so I fully agree. That is without a doubt the greatest innings I have ever seen in any form of cricket by any player.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Nope, Gooch carrying his bat at Headingley against the Windies.

Rated by PwC as best innings ever.

Rich2001

International Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I assume you are referring to Lara's innings.

If so I fully agree. That is without a doubt the greatest innings I have ever seen in any form of cricket by any player.
However that inngs must be up there as one of the very best, espically taking into account the match sitution and the opposition.

iamdavid

International Debutant
The best knocks I've ever seen are probably
Lara's 277 against Australia at the SCG in 1993.
Laxman's 281 against Australia at Eden gardens in 2001.
Astle's 223 against England in 2002.
Steve Waugh's 200 against the West Indies at Jamacia in 1995 in very difficult conditions against Curtley & Courtney.

Craig

World Traveller
Cozier described Lara's 213 at the week before as the most significant innings by a West Indian.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cozier described Lara's 213 at the week before as the most significant innings by a West Indian.
Yeah but Cozier is such a Lara fanboy, he WOULD say that. I mean, how about Viv's 291 at the Oval in the series England said they'd make he WI 'grovel'?

Best innings I've seen at Test level (well highlights of, anyway) - Kim Hughes 100* against the WI in 1981.

Best innings I've ACTUALLY seen - VERY tough to decide but Mark Waugh's 127 in Port Elizabeth was class. Obviously, Laxman's 281 was something out of the box but I didn't actually see that one.

gibbsnsmith

State Vice-Captain
chris.hinton said:
Still 380 is a class score whehers its against Zimbabwe or Leek wooton 3rd xi
Leek wooton?

who?

noone has denied that the knock was superb but just said that it s value has been brought down a little bit because of Zim but it was superb nonetheless

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
chris.hinton said:
Still 380 is a class score whehers its against Zimbabwe or Leek wooton 3rd xi
Leek Wootton has a 3rd XI?

I could walk there, so maybe there's a chance for me yet!

Craig

World Traveller
Top_Cat said:
Yeah but Cozier is such a Lara fanboy, he WOULD say that. I mean, how about Viv's 291 at the Oval in the series England said they'd make he WI 'grovel'?
Actually Tony Grieg said he would make WI 'grovel'. I didnt see that one as it was ten years before I was born.