• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shahid Afridi

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Afridi recently mentioned in an interview that his daughters taunts (she laughed at him for trying to slog from ball no 1 instead of setting himself in) have made him embarrassed so he will try and play sensibly from now on.

smash84

The Tiger King
Afridi recently mentioned in an interview that his daughters taunts (she laughed at him for trying to slog from ball no 1 instead of setting himself in) have made him embarrassed so he will try and play sensibly from now on.
somehow I still doubt it :p

deeps

International 12th Man
I think he is capable of those quick 20's and 30's, but unfortunately they have been more and more rare lately.

I think gone are the days when you can expect him to come out and make a quickfire 60-80 every now and then. But if he focussed a bit more on his batting, those quick 20's and 30's would be extremely valuable for his team. Right now, he is making quick 10's which is not good enough unfortunately. He has the talent and technique to make more than 10 runs an innings.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Thinking about it, I'd quite like to see him at #8 in the Test side while his bowling is up to the job. He's a better bowler than Rehman and it would give the Test batting a bit of depth, or at least an extra card to play.

Blaze 18

Banned
His daughters have apparently started calling him "baba boom boom out". Very intelligent daughters he's got, it must be said. I read that when he went back home from the Australian tour, his daughters greeted him with apples in their mouths! :laugh:

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
His daughters have apparently started calling him "baba boom boom out". Very intelligent daughters he's got, it must be said. I read that when he went back home from the Australian tour, his daughters greeted him with apples in their mouths! :laugh:
The brains in the family must have skipped a generation. :laugh:

salman85

International Debutant
Just saw news on TV : Afridi will captain a team in the Srilankan T20 league.

Don't know if it's true,but if it,no surprises.He will probably be the most high profile foreigner in the competition.

Last edited:

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Just saw news on TV : Afridi will captain a team in the Srilankan T20 league.

Don't know if it's true,but if it,no surprises.He will probably be the most high profile foreigner in the competition.
Yeah I think it's true, and Vettori is captaining another side. Tait is also expected to play in this league along with some other Australian and West Indies cricketers (no surprises that Gayle is going to be playing).