Page 31 of 67 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: England can beat India "every day of week": Gough

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Would love to see it too, hopefully it happens while Swann's still playing like a champ. But instead there'll be a hastily-arranged two-match series which anti-climactically ends 1-1 after each side edges one thriller each.
    Yup, much more likely. In any case, I will back [Insert Indian Random Batting Order] against Swann in India every day. If they win, it won't be on Swann's back - though he could be valuable to keep things tight and maybe a wicket or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Well, unless he happens to outbowl Warne, Murali and a bunch of other spinners who've toured. Which is not probable and would only happen on a massive dustbowl...and then I'd back the two Indian spinners anyway.

International Debutant M0rphin3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    Yup, much more likely. In any case, I will back [Insert Indian Random Batting Order] against Swann in India every day. If they win, it won't be on Swann's back - though he could be valuable to keep things tight and maybe a wicket or two.
    AWTA. I'm convinced that none of the teams today stand a chance against India at home until the fab 3 retire.
    Quote Originally Posted by mudrunner View Post
    give 21yo smith a break. bradmans figures for his first few tests were comparable.....

Proud Supporter of: Shakib Al Hasan, Kane Williamson, Adam Milne

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by MW1304 View Post
    Yes I know its irrational and inexplicable but its a case of really not liking someone so much that you no longer care about their stats, so obviously no-one is going to agree with me (which is absolutely fair enough). Just listening to his terrible music, which he seems to take so ridiculously seriously, reading this interview where he karps on about dreams and being a dreamer and all this pretentious bull**** that has nothing to do with cricket...

I expect a load of horrible abuse now so go ahead with it...
    Haha nah, you can hate him all you like. Just don't try to pretend he's not awesome at cricket .

I like him because he's really underrated so I find myself sticking up for him a lot. And because he's such a sick fielder. Not too fussed about his off-field persona, evangelically Christian so I suspect I might find him rather annoying in person, but I really like him as a cricketer.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by M0rphin3 View Post
    AWTA. I'm convinced that none of the teams today stand a chance against India at home until the fab 3 retire.

Not really concerned about the fab three in India. Outside India, the fab three will be a big loss and that's going to be a huge huge concern.

Inside India, you can insert a whole boatload of Jaffer-esque replacements and you'd get double centurions left and right.

Well, unless he happens to outbowl Warne, Murali and a bunch of other spinners who've toured. Which is not probable and would only happen on a massive dustbowl...and then I'd back the two Indian spinners anyway.

Sure, if Udal is your main spinner, I suppose you've got more problems. The reason the top spinners do worse in India is because the team is prepared and just doesn't take risks. Sometimes they have a brain farts against mediocre spinners because try to go after them way too much (esp. if thats the only real weak link). If you look at some of those wickets, the shots they played they would never play against a Warne, or even a Swann.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    4-14
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Nah, forget Udal, this is much worse for India:

I'd back England to win if they somehow came with him as their frontline bowler .

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Haha his head looks like it's been photoshopped on that picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero View Post
    Ridiculous

Edit - @ SS
    Meh, India have a shot at winning but it might lead to injuries. Need to keep Zaheer nice and fit for the English tour so I can bump this thread....

Reckon Clarke is better than Udal tbh. Just like North being better than Doherty, ie.

Hey, Michael Clarke did it.. also he was pretty decent in his debut series when he wasn't half the spinner he is now.

I wish they'd just produce those post-apocalyptic wastelands every match.

Nah, forget Udal, this is much worse for India:

I'd back England to win if they somehow came with him as their frontline bowler .
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Hey, Michael Clarke did it.. also he was pretty decent in his debut series when he wasn't half the spinner he is now.

I wish they'd just produce those post-apocalyptic wastelands every match.
    Beat you to it . And yes, if you come with Michael Clarke as the frontline spinner, I'd back England.
    Last edited by silentstriker; 31-12-2010 at 09:28 AM.

Why would I come to India with Michael Clarke as my frontline spinner?

Page 31 of 67 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread Information