• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stats that make you go Hmmmmm

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
James Marshall's average is quite unique, when you consider he shouldn't have one at all.

CricKeith

Cricket Spectator
Here's an "interesting" stat. Any player who has fielded in 19 or more Test innings has taken at least one catch, except for one player - Mohammad Amir (he has fielded in 27 or 28 innings, depending on whether Statsguru or his profile page is correct)

Statsguru

I guess he's better at being caught than catching. 8-)

Athlai

Not Terrible
Martin Guptill plays best when it rains

8 innings (2 matches were no results)
3 not outs
423 runs @ 84.6
Facing 433 balls SR of 97.69
1 100
3 50s

His record it non-rain affected matches:
25 innings
0 not outs
557 runs @ 22.28
Facing 768 balls SR of 72.53
0 100
4 50s

Ruckus

International Captain
(tosser) "Jacques Kallis is not a match winner". 8-)
Tbf though I think most people would be saying that with regards to his batting per se. The reason he is the top of that list is obviously because he is an allrounder. Though I have no doubt Kallis would win many matches with his batting alone.

Ruckus

International Captain
I think Ponting is mighty impressive in that list. Played with so many other match winners in his team for most of his career (both bowling and batting stars), yet he still has 16 man of the match awards.

sayanranu

Cricket Spectator
I think Ponting is mighty impressive in that list. Played with so many other match winners in his team for most of his career (both bowling and batting stars), yet he still has 16 man of the match awards.
It works both ways. MOM is rarely given to a player from the losing side. So, players like Tendulkar or Lara would be a little hard done by the fact that they played for a relatively weak team for a considerable period of their career.

NZ Guy

U19 Captain
It works both ways. MOM is rarely given to a player from the losing side. So, players like Tendulkar or Lara would be a little hard done by the fact that they played for a relatively weak team for a considerable period of their career.
India a weak team:blink: