• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in India 2010

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I used to think he was a Kiwi, or at least a fan, but then he catches you off guard by slagging BJ. Was surprised to learn that Raghav lives in India.
I think it's fair to say I have a keen interest in New Zealand domestic and international cricket. I don't know if I'd go as far to say "fan" but it wouldn't be far off. The only cricket team I actually follow with enough consistency to call myself a fan would be New South Wales. Central Districts are my second team but I'm sort of new to following them properly.

Last edited:

irottev

U19 Cricketer
It seems like our batsmen get out far too much to them making errors as opposed to being gotten out by particularly great bowling. It was a good ball and piece of work, but with the flatness of the pitch the spinners seem a lot easier to play atm than the pacemen who are getting dodgy bounce.

Athlai

Not Terrible
It seems like our batsmen get out far too much to them making errors as opposed to being gotten out by particularly great bowling. It was a good ball and piece of work, but with the flatness of the pitch the spinners seem a lot easier to play atm than the pacemen who are getting dodgy bounce.
Just reckon McCullum did get out by the bowler there. A better man could have kept it out and could have got back in time but I'm not too gutted about how he got out. Disappointed with Taylor.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah McCullum didn't give his wicket away; he was just beaten by good bowling (from a **** bowler :ph34r:). It's possible to be stumped without it being soft - that was a great example.

Flem274*

123/5
I'm still educating Cribb, but he did cotton on to the number one CD fan mantra very quickly

"Mathew Sinclair and Michael Mason are the hardest done by players in NZ cricket. They needed just one failure and ****ing Bracewell and those ****sucking Canterbury biased selectors would drop them.

Sinclair would average well over 40 if he was given a decent run and his confidence wasn't shot. They say he needs a better technique, but it scores him runs for fun. I don't see Vincent and McMillan getting dropped for their ****house techniques. Come to think of it, when was the last time McMillan played a shot that wasn't a reverse switch hit or straight scoop? It's a ****ing joke.

And Mason, well **** me, what is a hack like Ian Butler doing ahead of him? They say Mason isn't penetrative but how the **** would they know when they never play him? Guys like Mason and that Auckland **** who took six in his only test just can't get a chance ahead of Cantabrian hacks like Chris Martin, who only ever performs against South Africa."

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Just reckon McCullum did get out by the bowler there. A better man could have kept it out and could have got back in time but I'm not too gutted about how he got out. Disappointed with Taylor.
I mostly agree with Athlai. If McCullum was a better batsman he would have been caught behind or caught at slip. It was a wonderful ball. That said he did over stretch. 80% the delivery 20% McCullum's fault.

Taylor was beaten by a plan. The Indian's have studied him - as every team around the world should do. Why Taylor didn't stroke that ball through the off side is beyond me. He was decieved in flight. I say he was out thought. He will learn from this dismissal. I say 30% good planning by India 70% Taylor's fault.

We should have plans like that for opposition teams.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Taylor just is a bit dodgy when he loses concentration IMO. India made him play a stroke by instinct after a passage of play where we were on top.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm still educating Cribb, but he did cotton on to the number one CD fan mantra very quickly

"Mathew Sinclair and Michael Mason are the hardest done by players in NZ cricket. They needed just one failure and ****ing Bracewell and those ****sucking Canterbury biased selectors would drop them.

Sinclair would average well over 40 if he was given a decent run and his confidence wasn't shot. They say he needs a better technique, but it scores him runs for fun. I don't see Vincent and McMillan getting dropped for their ****house techniques. Come to think of it, when was the last time McMillan played a shot that wasn't a reverse switch hit or straight scoop? It's a ****ing joke.

And Mason, well **** me, what is a hack like Ian Butler doing ahead of him? They say Mason isn't penetrative but how the **** would they know when they never play him? Guys like Mason and that Auckland **** who took six in his only test just can't get a chance ahead of Cantabrian hacks like Chris Martin, who only ever performs against South Africa."
Is that an old post of mine? :p

Flem274*

123/5
Taylor just is a bit dodgy when he loses concentration IMO. India made him play a stroke by instinct after a passage of play where we were on top.
Yoda: "Know what to do Taylor, you do."

Taylor: "Trust my instincts?"

Yoda: "You should, like ****"
:ph34r: