• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in India 2010

irottev

U19 Cricketer
New Zealand will lose every game in the seaies easily. They're so useless atm aside from Williamson and Bennett who will smash them. Won't be enough though. Can't be a 2 man team.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
First test is a 100% draw if the NZ batsman get going. If they get out to a sub-par score even in 1 innings then India will probably win it. No chance of India losing the first test. The second 2 tests India should win easily but I don't know anything about the 2 grounds so hopefully both are good test wickets. Oh and yea for anyone hoping for crowds like the one Bangalore... don't,lol.

Flem274*

123/5
Lollin' at all the Indian pessimism. Judging by the two India match threads..

India>New Zealand>>>>>>>>>>>>Australia

Until Jono arrives in Australian threads that is.

irottev

U19 Cricketer
If we pick the right side we might. But I don't hold high hopes. Tim McIntosh is a pretty good opener. We just need someone to go with him. Like Jamie How or Papps.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
I guess you'll rate him higher than you do if he fails in this series miserably :p
Ha. Well no i dont see how he can fail really. The conditions & NZ attack are tailor made for him to play such an innings at least once in this series.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nah don't underestimate the Kiwis. If they win a couple of tosses and put up a score, ya never know. Vettori > Hauritz on a turner.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Nah don't underestimate the Kiwis. If they win a couple of tosses and put up a score, ya never know. Vettori > Hauritz on a turner.
Sehwag has dominated the best of spinners on turners. So if a situation in this series arises where Vettori is on a roll on turner, i would back Sehwag to handle himself well.

Its the quick bowlers who can test his weaknessnes againts inswingers or attack him with @ the body short pitched bowling that will keep him down/fail him. NZ without Bond have no pacer who can exploit these area's (unless all this talk of the pace the likes of McKay & Bennet have are true, maybe they can test him on the latter).

Vetori>>>>>>>>>>>Hauritz on a turner BTW.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Sehwag barely scored any runs against Australia and India still won 2-0.

Stopping Sehwag is important, but you need to do more than that.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Bennett if he gets it in the right place can test Sehwag, but getting it in the right place is the problem. His bouncers and yorkers were reasonably accurate last night tbf to him though. It's the good length he struggles to hit consistently.

I think Bennett will get hit around if he plays but will also pick up a few wickets. He's a much improved First Class bowler. In the past two seasons he's played 13 matches (missed a few due to injury) and picked up 44 wickets at an average of 28.34.

So his FC average of 37 doesn't tell the true story. Before the past two years he took 47 wickets from 20 games at a diabolical average.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I reckon 1-0 or 2-0 to India, with the NZ batsmen putting up a good fight in all three.

But we won't take 20 wickets in any of the matches.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha. Don't forget McIntosh - he'll get in at least once in the series as well.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Its the quick bowlers who can test his weaknessnes againts inswingers or attack him with @ the body short pitched bowling that will keep him down/fail him. NZ without Bond have no pacer who can exploit these area's (unless all this talk of the pace the likes of McKay & Bennet have are true, maybe they can test him on the latter).
In McKay's case it isn't true, he'd struggle to bowl any quicker than high 130's. Bennett it's a bit more uncertain, but I don't imagine he'd be able to sustain the low-mid 140's pace he showed yesterday for more than one spell, after which he'd drop back down. In either case, he's too eratic the build the kind of pressure that we'd need. Sehwag and Tendulkar will make mincemeat of him.

kingpin

State Vice-Captain
Well i am happy even if the series draws..... If our team performs how it is performing in recent tests we will win for sure.... but it is Kiwis irresponsible batting that will make them pay....