• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in India 2010

Athlai

Not Terrible
If Jeets plays and takes less than 4 wickets I'll chuck up an avatar that says he is ****.

:cool:

If he takes more than that, I'm going to call you ****ers idiots and strut around like a victorious game ****.

Shri

Mr. Glass
If Jeets plays and takes less than 4 wickets I'll chuck up an avatar that says he is ****.

:cool:

If he takes more than that, I'm going to call you ****ers idiots and strut around like a victorious game ****.
Do you mean you aren't a **** now?:p

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Cricinfo

New Zealand (probable): 1 Tim McIntosh, 2 Brendon McCullum, 3 BJ Watling, 4 Ross Taylor,5 Jesse Ryder, 6 Kane Williamson, 7 Daniel Vettori (capt), 8 Gareth Hopkins (wk), 9 Jeetan Patel, 10 James Franklin, 11 Chris Martin

:lol:
If Franklin somehow manages to leapfrog Arnel and Southee as a paceman, or even worse as a paceman in an attack featuring tow pace bowlers and Jeetan Patel, that will trump every other stupid thing the NZ selectors have done in the last few years. And there have been a fair few.

In fact, it would be almost Bracewell-like.

Athlai

Not Terrible
If Franklin somehow manages to leapfrog Arnel and Southee as a paceman, or even worse as a paceman in an attack featuring tow pace bowlers and Jeetan Patel, that will trump every other stupid thing the NZ selectors have done in the last few years. And there have been a fair few.

In fact, it would be almost Bracewell-like.
Stupidest selection since the last game.

Franklin Martin and one of Southee or Arnel.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Average of 10 against Bangladesh and 16 against Zimbabwe then an average of 44 against Australia. The guys a hack and has never been able to hack it.
Pfft most bowlers averaged 40+ against Australia those days. Chris Martin averages about 10,000 against them. Averaging 27 against England, 25 against South Africa, 28 against Sri Lanka and 28 against Pakistan isn't anything to sneeze at. He also had a remarkable record when he bowled in tandem with Bond IIRC - he really lifted with him at the other end.

Franklin may be a pie-chucker these days but he was a quality Test bowler for a while there.

Howsie

International Captain
Weather likely to have impact on test | Stuff.co.nz

New Zealand coach Mark Greatbatch and captain Daniel Vettori inspected the wicket block yesterday, after which Greatbatch suggested the tourists may look to alter the balance of their bowling attack.

One change is definite after fast bowler Hamish Bennett returned home injured and Northern Districts swing bowler Tim Southee is likely to take his place here

"It looks like a good surface. It has a sheen to it which suggests the ball might skid on a little bit with the new ball," Greatbatch said
So three quicks then perhaps, should be Martin, Southee and Arnel imo.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Someone to tell Franklin that's he's a bowler imo - would fix your lot seam problems in no time.
Injury ruined his bowling :( And during it he just worked very hard on his batting.

Has had his best bowling season in a long time though so I'm interested to see how he is looking. It's likely that he is still a shadow of his former self.