• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* - Road to India in South Africa - 2010-11

Blaze 18

Banned
I thought that the pitch was a belter and to not come up with a 100 on it after so many matches without one was criminal.
Gautham Gambhir's slump in form has been overstated. Between the series in Bangladesh and the New Zealand series he only played four tests : two against South Africa, and one each against Sri Lanka and Australia. I am not sure if that is "so many matches", especially if you consider the injury issues he had in the said period.

As for the pitch being a belter, maybe it was, but the other two were no better (the third test was the only one that produced a result).

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
Gautham Gambhir's slump in form has been overstated. Between the series in Bangladesh and the New Zealand series he only played four tests : two against South Africa, and one each against Sri Lanka and Australia. I am not sure if that is "so many matches", especially if you consider the injury issues he had in the said period.

As for the pitch being a belter, maybe it was, but the other two were no better (the third test was the only one that produced a result).
If he played only 4 tests in between then I might really be wrong in my assessment. Seems like a life time since he had been in bad form :)........

And he has only played 5 tests outside the sub-continent????

Blaze 18

Banned
Yeah, which is why the coming year or so is extremely important for him as a batsman. India tour South Africa, West Indies, England and Australia in this period.