• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Swinging Away: How Cricket and Baseball Connect

Shri

Mr. Glass
Made me chuckle:

High-standard cricket persisted in Philadelphia into the 20th century, but only among the famously hoity-toity Philadelphian upper-class, who were also fond of fox hunting.

Dissector

International Debutant
It is a fascinating subject. IIRC early baseball players often had a cricket background and used some of those skills in baseball and a few decades later Bart King helped refine swing bowling in cricket using some of his baseball skills.

I learnt about the history of cricket in the US only recently. I find it amusing that the first international cricket game was between the US and Canada. In fact it was probably the first international game in any sport and USA-Canada in cricket is apparently the oldest international sporting rivalry.