• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The First express fast bowler from INDIA!!

Langeveldt

Soutie
Tim said:
Why do you say that Jacques?

India have the biggest population out of any test playing nation (except maybe Bangladesh) so I see no reason why India can't find a player who can bowl good pace.

Of course, its having the resources to find them and I don't think the Indian Cricket structure has helped either.

Well im generalizing loads, but all the indian seamers ive ever seen appear to be lithe and skiddy bowlers... (Take AA and Venkatesh Prasad) the majority of fast bowlers dont appear to have the build type to bang the ball down consistantly at 90+mph... Doesnt mean they cant be effective, they just dont seem to possess the explosive pace...

Craig

World Traveller
Re: too true

gibbsnsmith said:
i still think west indies should produce more quicks than the rest as they are suited to it rather than most...

go go curtly ambrose
Take your pick from Dillion, Edwards, Taylor, Colleymore etc.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If they were bowling that quickly there, how come they haven't been bowling that quickly either before or since?
I've read since that it's SA's thinner atmosphere due to being higher above sea-level than other nations. If you all don't believe that a small change in atmosphere can affect the speed of a ball, then why does the ball swing more with only a puff of wind or with some cloud-cover?

It's not as if the speed guns have been higher for that campaign only; they've always been registering high speeds in SA. And as one who bought the DVD of the whole WC campaign, I can tell you that there were an awful lot of batsmen who were beaten by extra speed in their dismissals so there must be something in the atmosphere theory.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Re: too true

gibbsnsmith said:
i still think west indies should produce more quicks than the rest as they are suited to it rather than most...

go go curtly ambrose
Certainly you're not referring to the pitches... are you?

V Reddy

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
If they were bowling that quickly there, how come they haven't been bowling that quickly either before or since?
It was attributed to the two trainers Leipus and Le Roux. You hear the Indian players praising them in every other interview. They were said to be the main reason of Zaheer Khan of now too when he was fading away. There was a lot of criticism of BCCI when Le Roux joined SAF team but it cleared up when he said that he himself left as he wanted to serve his national team. You can search for " Le Roux India " on Google and you will find a lot of articles on him.

As for the speed guns, Nehra also bowled very often in the low 140's in India against WI in those very hot conditions but it was not noticed b'coz he got hammered in that series. I didn't see much of Ind-Nz series and so can't comment. I don't need to tell about Zaheer as we all know he can bowl fast. Agarkar also consistently used to bowl in the 140's when he came into the Indian team and used to reverse swing it too. But he now bowls in the low 130's and high 120's. That's why the commentators who have seen him when he first came on praise him and a lot was said of him :P

anzac

International Debutant
further to the speed gun debate - there is no uniformity regarding make or function, consequently different countries use different manufacturers and the equipment is designed differently.

eg some work like speed trap radar & measure straight line speed, whereas others take into account the flight of the ball and measure the speed off the wicket (or similar).

bottom line until there is some uniform regulations there will always be discrepencies and debate.

:)

anzac

International Debutant
given the wide climatic variation in India you would think that if Pakistan can produce genuine quicks, then so too should India as it's not as if the entire country is a dust bowl!

Perhaps it has something to do with tradition i.e. both nations produce class batsmen, but India has a heavy history of spin, whereas Pakistan produces spin and pace????

:)

gibbsnsmith

State Vice-Captain
Neil Pickup said:
GibbsnSmith... Please do something about that signature!!!

It's about three times as long as it ought to be, and Andrew Flintoff has made a double ton in 20 overs of U15 cricket before anyway.

Agree, the speed guns at the WC seemed to round things up a touch :)

hehe ...i will just give it a couple more hours and ill get it out....and if the thingy about the speed guns are true...shoaib hasnt broken the 100mph barrier then...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
gibbsnsmith said:
hehe ...i will just give it a couple more hours and ill get it out....and if the thingy about the speed guns are true...shoaib hasnt broken the 100mph barrier then...
Not happy yet, if you put the PC stats onto one/two lines rather than having returns in between them and cut out the double line spacing then you can get away with it :) :) :)

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
gibbsnsmith said:
ok gimme a sec..dude, lol

americans are so funny, like
Yeah dude, like, Americans are so funny I suppose I should find myself funny, like, because I'm American, like.

:duh: :duh: :duh: