• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

T20 a dying format?!

DingDong

State Captain
Pro35 is awesome. I think they should expand the spin play further however.
i think there still a bit to work out tbh. like how many fielders are allowed outside the circle etc. but the ground work's been done by bruce. icc just need to pick it up and run with it

i think there still a bit to work out tbh. like how many fielders are allowed outside the circle etc. but the ground work's been done by bruce. icc just need to pick it up and run with it
nop let such rules be the same

just change the over format thats all

In every country, Twenty20 generally and the IPL specifically are exerting an effect. The ECB are hardly exempt. They are already examining their domestic structure to see if a wider version of Twenty20 can be accommodated, perhaps involving more overseas players. But they cannot hope to compete with the millions swilling around India.

What do you say to this ???

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Just like how there was no test or ODI cricket before T20? Oh wait...
LOL are you being sarcastic or you are genuinely unaware of the fact that Test and ODI cricket's popularity is on the decline? They dont make money anymore..for most cricketing nations that is..
I dont blame Test cricket or ODI cricket for that..I blame the people for that..When I started watching cricket, I prefered ODIs to tests..as I evolved as a cricket fan, I started to appreciate test cricket more.. the new cricket fans, the fans of the T20s who consider Test and ODIs boring are just not evolved as a cricket fan.

LOL are you being sarcastic or you are genuinely unaware of the fact that Test and ODI cricket's popularity is on the decline? They dont make money anymore..for most cricketing nations that is..
I dont blame Test cricket or ODI cricket for that..I blame the people for that..When I started watching cricket, I prefered ODIs to tests..as I evolved as a cricket fan, I started to appreciate test cricket more.. the new cricket fans, the fans of the T20s who consider Test and ODIs boring are just not evolved as a cricket fan.
you are absolutely right dude