• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Future of Cricket Wish List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patroclus

Banned
Future of Cricket Wish List

This is the wish list of cricket after the 2011 ICC World Cup

1. 30 Nations playing serious international cricket

2. Pro35 replacing 50-ovs & T20 as the ultimate cricket format

3. World Test Championship (read my thread on it)

4. World Series (12 Associate Nations One Major Tournament once in 2 years telecast and marketed aggressively all over the world)

5. One Big Domestic League in an Associate Nation which will be the gathering of worlds best players (telecast and marketed aggressively all over the world)

6. World Club Cup

7. More new and beautiful stadiums with retracing roofs

8. Equal power and good money to all cricket boards not only BCCI & supreme power to ICC

9. Asia Cup ,Euro ,Africa & Americas Tourneys promoted in a big way

10. Less International Cricket (12 Tests & 15 Pro35s (i.e. 75 days of cricket) per nation per year not more)

11. 20 Nations playing the 2015 ICC World Cup

What’s yours?

Last edited:

Athlai

Not Terrible
My wish is for these things not to happen:

4. World Series (12 Associate Nations One Major Tournament once in 2 years telecast and marketed aggressively all over the world)

5. One Big Domestic League in an Associate Nation which will be the gathering of worlds best players (telecast and marketed aggressively all over the world)

8. Equal power and good money to all cricket boards not only BCCI & supreme power to ICC

10. Less International Cricket (12 Tests & 15 Pro35s (i.e. 75 days of cricket) per nation per year not more)

Last edited:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
This is purely my perspective on your "suggestions":
Won't happen and, to be honest, I don't really want it to happen - cricket isn't football after all. We've had ten nations play test cricket, which I consider 'serious international cricket' over more than 130 years, with only few others competing in official limited overs cricket and I can't see that drastically changing in the near future.
T20's proven to be highly entertaining and so long as there isn't overkill (which IMO its becoming), it should stay. 50 over cricket, as proven in the recent Tri Series in Zimbabwe, Sachin's 200, a few great ODIs between NZ and Australia this summer, etc. is hardly dead yet in my view. 35 overs? No thank you.
3. World Test Championship (read my thread on it)
I haven't read your thread on it though sounds a reasonable idea.
Not sure how viable and proftable the aggressive marketing will be but the concept of an associate tournament being promoted and telecast is a good initiative.
Can't see it happening and theres already enough cricket being played without this additional league. The ODI series between New Zealand and Sri Lanka in the USA doesn't exactly give me much confidence that a similar idea with a league at a neutral will work.
6. World Club Cup
Champions League for the T20 format is already sufficient IMO.
7. More new and beautiful stadiums with retracing roofs
New Zealand doesn't have a single stadium with a retracting roof, and I doubt the likes of Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Pakistan, West Indies, have anywhere near the resources to construct one either just for the sake of it. Very wishful thinking.
Thats simply never going to happen; again using New Zealand as an example, theres no way we'll ever have as much power as the BCCI. We're nowhere near as populated so the rights to matches here will never compare with those of Indian matches.
I wouldn't watch them even if they were promoted and telecast here to be honest...
For some countries less international cricket might be beneficial, for others like New Zealand I wouldn't mind us playing 12 tests per year because thats exceeding the average we usually manage. 15 limited overs matches is far too small for countries that rely on those matches for much of their revenue (again New Zealand as an example where ODIs and T20s fetch semi-full or even full stadiums depending on the opposition, compared to test cricket which is more scarcely attended).
Minnow central. You want the best nations competing at the World Cup with as many meaningful games as possible. Did you watch the 2007 tournament?

Edit: I think most of my more sceptic comments are reciprocated with Athlai's summary.

Patroclus

Banned
ODI 50 ovs cricket is death boring and ICC WORLD CUP is played by this eye soar empty stadiums format
ohhh vv good for cricket

but still some old guys wanna stick with thinking cricket is mango farming ha ha

its time to change to pro35 its now or never

Furball

Evil Scotsman
This subject has been done to death recently. If you want to discuss this sort of thing, there's about 78 other threads that have been started recently on the subject, take the discussion there instead of creating endless new threads that all say the same thing.

Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.